JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have some gun parts that have pretty hard crust of carbon buildup on them. My thought was cleaning them in an ultrasonic tank in a liquid that specializes in carbon removal would be most effective. Does anyone have suggestions for the chem?
Thanks.

Edit to add: I would prefer to avoid flammable chemicals, and not need to put on 7 layers of PPE.

We use Simple Green. Don't know how it will work on carbon build up but it does a great job cleaning eye glasses and jewelry.
Yes, this works too.

MPro7 has an advantage of leaving a coating (nothing to clean off) that prevents flash rusting after cleaning.

Don't forget you can pass it through a filter and re-use it.
Good to know. I do the same with lacquer thinner - let it sit for a few days, the junk separates out, and like taking fat out of gravy, I save >75% of it.

{ETA} My wife is lazy with paint brushes, and the fine art ones she often uses start at >$20 apiece. Really pisses me off, but I learned to keep my mouth shut years ago.
After she has abandoned them and they've dried out, full of crud, I soak them in lacquer thinner. It dissolves acrylic, latex and oil paints, and the brushes can be restored.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top