Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need opinions on the Aero Precision OEM 16 inch rifle???

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Lance Jacobs, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Lance Jacobs

Lance Jacobs South Willamette Valley Oregon Well-Known Member

I keep seeing this ad from Brownells pop up on this website for the Aero Precision OEM 5.56mm 16 inch rifle, so I finally clicked on the ad to take a look at it today.

What do you think of this deal? I keep hearing great things about Aero Precision products, but their only product that I currently own is their lightweight scope mount, which I have installed on both of my AR rifles. But that is the extent of my experience with their products. I really don't need another AR for myself, but I have a friend interested in getting one now because of all the threats of an Assault Gun ban being made by politicians this year, and I am thinking about recommending this deal to him.

I find this offer intriguing, as you basically get the entire base rifle for only $559. The 16 inch barrel has a mid-length gas system, which I have heard so many claim is better than a carbine length gas system. The package does leave off the stock and the handguard. But to me, that seems like a plus. For those are two items that I ended up replacing on both of my AR's anyway. With this rifle, one could add the specific stock and handguard that you like the most, and still come away with a real affordable rifle, yet also customized to your preferences too.

But again, I don't personally have any experience myself with their rifles. Can anyone with some actual experience with their rifles convince me that this would indeed be a good package to recommend?? I see that it gets a really high 4.9 out of 5.0 review score on the Brownells website, which is also impressive.

The other factor that I like about Aero Precision is that they are based right here in the Pacific Northwest. And I always like to buy from and refer others to local companies whenever possible, when they have a good competitive product.

So what does everyone think of this deal? Is it indeed a good solid value at the current $559 sale price? Would I be safe in recommending it?

5.56MM NATO OEM Mid-Length 16" Rifle : OEM MID-LENGTH 16" RIFLE | Brownells (http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ac-15-oem-mid-length-16-rifle-ac-15-5-56mm-nato-oem-mid-length-16-rifle-sku100-018-335-81838-174289.aspx?cm_sp=Landing%20Links-_-Landing%20Page-_-TP1_Aero_OEM_Rifle)

Here is a video overview of the rifle from Brownells:

Brutus57 likes this.
  2. NWCustomFirearms

NWCustomFirearms Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

I've used several Aero Precision lowers and uppers on several rifles with good luck. I've shot several others without issue. We sell their stripped lowers/uppers as fast as I can get them in.

3. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I did two aero upper/lower builds and love them.
    So much so that I order a upper/lower for an AR10 build.

Brutus57 likes this.
  4. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Plus one...I built my carbine starting with an Aero lower, very nice quality. Just bought the lightweight scope mount, also quality.
    I am looking at starting a three0eight build with mostly their products.

Brutus out

5. ghostcell

ghostcell Bellingham Member

Aero Precision is really good and their customer service is really good as well. I bought and M4E1 Upper and some 15" M LOK hand guards to match and for some reason the holes weren't lining up. I called Aero, they gave me a shipping label and I sent it back. They replaced the out of spec upper, installed the hand guards and sent it all back within a week.