JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I keep seeing this ad from Brownells pop up on this website for the Aero Precision OEM 5.56mm 16 inch rifle, so I finally clicked on the ad to take a look at it today.

What do you think of this deal? I keep hearing great things about Aero Precision products, but their only product that I currently own is their lightweight scope mount, which I have installed on both of my AR rifles. But that is the extent of my experience with their products. I really don't need another AR for myself, but I have a friend interested in getting one now because of all the threats of an Assault Gun ban being made by politicians this year, and I am thinking about recommending this deal to him.

I find this offer intriguing, as you basically get the entire base rifle for only $559. The 16 inch barrel has a mid-length gas system, which I have heard so many claim is better than a carbine length gas system. The package does leave off the stock and the handguard. But to me, that seems like a plus. For those are two items that I ended up replacing on both of my AR's anyway. With this rifle, one could add the specific stock and handguard that you like the most, and still come away with a real affordable rifle, yet also customized to your preferences too.

But again, I don't personally have any experience myself with their rifles. Can anyone with some actual experience with their rifles convince me that this would indeed be a good package to recommend?? I see that it gets a really high 4.9 out of 5.0 review score on the Brownells website, which is also impressive.

The other factor that I like about Aero Precision is that they are based right here in the Pacific Northwest. And I always like to buy from and refer others to local companies whenever possible, when they have a good competitive product.

So what does everyone think of this deal? Is it indeed a good solid value at the current $559 sale price? Would I be safe in recommending it?

5.56MM NATO OEM Mid-Length 16" Rifle : OEM MID-LENGTH 16" RIFLE | Brownells (http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ac-15-oem-mid-length-16-rifle-ac-15-5-56mm-nato-oem-mid-length-16-rifle-sku100-018-335-81838-174289.aspx?cm_sp=Landing%20Links-_-Landing%20Page-_-TP1_Aero_OEM_Rifle)

Here is a video overview of the rifle from Brownells:

I've used several Aero Precision lowers and uppers on several rifles with good luck. I've shot several others without issue. We sell their stripped lowers/uppers as fast as I can get them in.

Aero Precision is really good and their customer service is really good as well. I bought and M4E1 Upper and some 15" M LOK hand guards to match and for some reason the holes weren't lining up. I called Aero, they gave me a shipping label and I sent it back. They replaced the out of spec upper, installed the hand guards and sent it all back within a week.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top