1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Need new handgun idea

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Bushman, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Bushman

Bushman Auburn, WA Active Member

I have 9mm glocks, but also recently bought a glock 27 (.40) since I can shoot .357, .40, or 9mm just by changing the barrel/mags, etc.

I like it's versatility. Doubletap loads bring the .357 cartridge to 1600 FPS with some awesome energy. Which is great because I've considered using it as a woods gun.

Nice thing about it is that in a pinch, I can also convert it to 9mm for EDC. I don't have the same versatilty with my other stuff....

So, should I hang on to this or trade it off for something else? I've thought about getting a Glock 29 since I can shoot even more cartridges and have the powerful 10mm round as a woods gun. But can't convert it to 9mm like I can the 27 so I can use my stock of JHP for EDC...

2. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Trade it in on a third model Colt's Dragoon.
    Sling Blade and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Modeler

Modeler Ketchikan, Alaska Soccer Fan

I used to have a Glock 27 for just that reason (multiple caliber), sold it off to buy a more comfortable carry gun.

Going to be getting a Glock 23 in a month to go with the 9mm conversion barrel I bought a few months ago ;)