JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, as stated I need some MN info. I have a 1943 dated Izhevsk rifle. The serial number starts with CH and has 4 numbers after that. The bolt, buttplate and the trigger group all have the 4 digits of the serial number but not the CH prefix. I am trying to figure out what I have here. On another site I read the CH prefix is for sniper rifles but it is not drilled or have any other evidence of being a sniper. It has the Century Arms import billboard on the side of the receiver. I bought it about 9 years ago and it is still in cosmoline. I am going to sell it but i first want to find out exactly what I have. It also has a non number matching bayonet. I will post some pictures later.

Sniper rifles were pulled as they rolled off the line from rifles that demonstrated superior accuracy over what was required to be accepted. There was no designated serial prefix. You've got a nice, basic 91/30, and if I had money I'd probably want to buy it from you, but I'm saving my pennies for an upcoming insulator show in Seatttle.

Notice how the P/U sniper in this article lacks the CH prefix. Sniper Rifles - Mosin Nagant

Sniper rifles were pulled as they rolled off the line from rifles that demonstrated superior accuracy over what was required to be accepted. There was no designated serial prefix. You've got a nice, basic 91/30, and if I had money I'd probably want to buy it from you, but I'm saving my pennies for an upcoming insulator show in Seatttle.

Notice how the P/U sniper in this article lacks the CH prefix. Sniper Rifles - Mosin Nagant

Thanks for the reply. I stated taking pictures but my old camera bit the dust. These are the ones I salvaged off the memory card. Not the pictures I wanted to post but I will have to buy a new camera before I can do anything else.

013.JPG 009.JPG 008.JPG 007.JPG

Long ago in a land far away...I got a chance to examine two Mosin Nagant Sniper rifles...
And while I do not remember the serial numbers of either ...both rifles were well maintained and very accurate.
Both also had "bedded" actions and barrels....one with layer of cork...one with a layer of well greased newspaper.
Andy

Andy;

Again your truly Vast Knowledge and willingness you share that information with others is BEYOND the Imagination at least I'm Astounded!

Many Thanks from all of US here on the Forum. And, you are willing to do it before going off to work educating the under educated Kiddies.:):):)

Thanks again,

Mike

I have been going to those sites for years. It was what I read on one of them that prompted my original post. It wasn't much so I was trying to find more info on the subject. Thanks for all the replies.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top