Need MAK90 Side Rail installed - Gunsmith Recommendations?

Reactions
Hi all, new to this board & if there's a post that has the info already, sorry but I did check.

I got ahold of a MAK90 not long ago & I'd like to put a sidemount scope on it, but Norinco factory issue doesn't have the left side rail on the reciever like the Russian AKs.

Can anybody recommend a good gunsmith that does AK work in Portland or 50 miles or so radius?

Thanks in advance, some good info here & I'm looking forward to meeting people.

OP
P
Reactions
I guess I'm just old and set in my ways, but my preference is having a scope over the receiver where God intended it (just like having the magazine behind the trigger is just WRONG). Maybe it's just in my head, but the one time I tried a forearm mount it felt muzzle heavy.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion, though, Deavis.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom