JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Getting old sucks. Do any of you have one of these and/or can recommend a good one...or have tips on what I should be looking for? Looking for one I can clamp on to my workbench for working on a variety of things. Thanks!

My mother suffers from Macular Degeneration and needs extra light as well as magnification. She uses these in several different configurations depending upon what she's doing. They work well - there are a range of magnifications available, the handles are interchangeable, and if you use rechargeable batteries they are pretty economical. I got her the desk magnifier for the kitchen but she prefers a hand held glass.

Lighted Magnifier

Had one on my gun bench for decades. Long before I got this old, and need it more. Harbor Freight has about as cheap a price as any at $40. It's a good light that swivels, and has plenty of extra light.
But I find myself using my magnifier head lamp much more just because it can be worn like a cap, and simply pulled down when I need magnification. It also has a jeweler's loop for even more magnification, and two lights that give added light if needed. At $5 it's one of my best tools on my gunsmithing bench. I use it far more than the articulated desk light.

I got one and love it. Use it on a semi regular basis to look at headstamps and such. Works great.

I am more of a visual guy. So i took and hour and looked at what Office Depot and Freddies had then chose the one I like the most. Could have then tried to find it cheaper online, but just went with what was in stock in the stores.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top