Landhawk Arms
Defensive Arts
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Gun Deals
Low Price Guns
Southwest Firearms Forum

Need Magnifying "Desk" Lamp

Reactions
Getting old sucks. Do any of you have one of these and/or can recommend a good one...or have tips on what I should be looking for? Looking for one I can clamp on to my workbench for working on a variety of things. Thanks!

Reactions
My mother suffers from Macular Degeneration and needs extra light as well as magnification. She uses these in several different configurations depending upon what she's doing. They work well - there are a range of magnifications available, the handles are interchangeable, and if you use rechargeable batteries they are pretty economical. I got her the desk magnifier for the kitchen but she prefers a hand held glass.

Lighted Magnifier

mm93

Reactions
Had one on my gun bench for decades. Long before I got this old, and need it more. Harbor Freight has about as cheap a price as any at $40. It's a good light that swivels, and has plenty of extra light.
But I find myself using my magnifier head lamp much more just because it can be worn like a cap, and simply pulled down when I need magnification. It also has a jeweler's loop for even more magnification, and two lights that give added light if needed. At $5 it's one of my best tools on my gunsmithing bench. I use it far more than the articulated desk light.

Reactions
I got one and love it. Use it on a semi regular basis to look at headstamps and such. Works great.

I am more of a visual guy. So i took and hour and looked at what Office Depot and Freddies had then chose the one I like the most. Could have then tried to find it cheaper online, but just went with what was in stock in the stores.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - April 25-26th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is a great guy to work with! I have had several transactions with him and will continue to do business with him. He is my go to dealer!
    • hker71
  • Straight Shooter Supply
    1.00 star(s)
    A relative of mine recently went through this place to purchase a handgun. They were rude to her, lied to her, and must be new to this FFL stuff...
    • FullMetalJerk
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is great. Easy to deal with, super low prices on his transfers.
    • DizzyJ
    5.00 star(s)
    Had my first transaction with Steve and will be recommending him to anyone in my circle. Good guy with a really helpful attitude and goes the...
    • SonnyJim
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    This is the closest gun close to my house and they have always been super nice. I have bought two guns off them and sold one of mine to them.
    • storminnorm44

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS