JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Need a clutch job done around Portland Oregon, any recommendation of a good person or place?

1995 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 104k miles

Symptoms,

Tuesday night on the way home from work I noticed a bit of slipping if I floored it, just shifting normal I had no slippage.

Wednesday afternoon I drove to work babying it so it didn't slip, Wednesday evening driving home I went around a corner and heard some clunking and then nothing just freewheeling and going nowhere.

Clutch pedal pressure is still firm but it will roll easily on flat ground even in gear.

Is it the clutch? any chance it could be the tranny or transfer case?

Thanks in advance for any advice or thoughts or just general humor on the subject.

Need a clutch job done around Portland Oregon, any recommendation of a good person or place?

1995 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 104k miles

Symptoms,

Tuesday night on the way home from work I noticed a bit of slipping if I floored it, just shifting normal I had no slippage.

Wednesday afternoon I drove to work babying it so it didn't slip, Wednesday evening driving home I went around a corner and heard some clunking and then nothing just freewheeling and going nowhere.

Clutch pedal pressure is still firm but it will roll easily on flat ground even in gear.

Is it the clutch? any chance it could be the tranny or transfer case?

Thanks in advance for any advice or thoughts or just general humor on the subject.

Sounds very much like clutch. Is it a squirt clutch (hydraulic)?

Trans/t-case should be just fine.

Sounds like the disk exploded or at least a spring came loose and is keeping the disk from seating all the way. Sounds just like a toyota clutch I did for a friend. If you were closer I'd do it for you, just make sure you replace the slave and main when the new clutch is done.

I'd check with Shawn (SDR), good guy and a Supporting Vendor here too (Dave's Palisades).

If the supporting vendor doesn't work out, I've always had great service from Columbia Transmission in SE. With all the projects my Dad and I were working on at one point they knew me by name.

Columbia Transmission
1737 Southeast 12th Avenue
Portland, OR 97214
(503) 233-6305

McCarthy Motors, 13700 Lakeshore Dr Newberg Or 97132 (503) 267-7532.

Great guy, honest, and he happens to be a Jeep enthusiast. He runs his own little shop and pretty much relies on word-of-mouth from satisfied customers for advertising. I had a problem with the power window in my van, and when I took it over there he dropped what he was doing and actually disassembled the door panel and diagnosed the problem while I stood there and watched (and even helped a bit). Not only did I get the window repaired, but I got to learn about how they work and feel OK about what needed to happen and what I was paying for. Same deal with the other repairs he has done, he has no problem showing you what he is doing so that you can learn and be informed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top