JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK I do not read the gun threads a lot, but I am wanting to buy 22lr pistol, lr becasue it is ammo commonality, i do not want to spend a lot but want a decent pistol killing varmints and stray animals, I really wna to keep the cost down because the more i cave on item more I have for other needs

I would recommend a Colt "Ace". You can find them all over the place, cheapest .22 pistol out there. And the extra clips are practically free because there are so many around.

A Ruger 22/45 are inexpensive and great plinkers (even target guns) some folks will balk at the assembly but not that bad...I believe I paid around $250 for mine about 5 years ago...

They make a conversion kit for the Colt "Ace". You can shoot .45 acp with it. Why pay all that extra money for a 1911 when you can get a kit for cheap.

Here are a few 22 lr pistols that have great quality at a reasonable cost.

Beretta U22 Neos

Smith & Wesson 22A

Ruger (many models)

Sig Mosquito

Walther

I would recommend the Ruger MKIII 22/45 family. Several models to choose from, a tried and proven action and made in the USA. I recently purchased a threaded barrel model and right out of the box it was great. I did change the grips and added a Red Dot and now like it even better.
2245b-1.jpg

I have never heard of the Colt Ace so I did a google search. There happens to be one for sale on Guns America right now. Only $1950.00 and the location is right here in Oregon. I like the description in their ad, "Colt Ace Semi 22lr. This 1911 has the recoil of a 45acp. This would be the perfect gun to shoot if you want to practice with it not costing you a lot in ammo."
WOW, a .22lr with the RECOIL OF A 45acp!!!
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

I have a couple of the new Ruger SR-22 pistols and really like them. Eat just about any ammo I have tried in them and its just fun to shoot. Also if you want to hang things on it (lights, laser, etc), it has a rail under the barrel. Good luck with your choice! -G

I have a S&W 22A-1 and like it very much. It's a great target gun, but it's a little bulky for hunting. I've shot the Ruger SR22 and like it a lot too. It would be better suited for hunting since it's smaller and handier. The sights are very nice and the gun is accurate.

Ruger 22/45. I just bought a new GSG 1911 .22 lr from a buddy in Vancouver. $360.0 out the door. He is an FFL. Same thing as the Sig Sauer version only less money. Love it so far, but it depends what your famaliar with.

Hey thanks all, been a little sick have been reading much, also had pink eye infection, but anyways looks like a lot aogun little pistols, I am looking for something compact like a phoenix but not one, and less than $300.00, I am hoping to find a used one for less than $250.00

Can't go wrong with the ruger Mk-whateva 22/45
I've run a ceiner upper on an accurate kimber 1911 lower and the little ruger will embarass it every time in terms of accuracy and reliability. I won't comment on the walther P22 because I don't consider it in the same class (MUCH lower) even though it's in the same price range.

Durability, Reliability, Ability to upgrade/accessorize at a later date, Time-Tested Mechanics, Accuracy:

Ruger (MKI, II, or III).

Was just at a gunshop/indoor range facility today checking it out (only been open for a year or so). He has two SR22's for "range loaners". Multiple problems with barrel quality (even some keyholing on target), and parts breakage. Ruger needs to scoop up this pile of dog poo in short order, before its tracked in their house.

I recently bought a Ruger SR-22, it has two interchangeable grip sizes and the Warden likes the small one. It comes with two ten round magazines. It looks like the Walther P-22 to me. Mine was $319

Hey don"t shoot a Pheonix out of the saddle entirely. It hails from Chino CA USA and not some place in the 3rd world. I've had one for 10 years and it was a great value back then as it is today. The warranty claims a life time but I've never had to use it. If you can get past the funky safety design and shoot quality clean ammo you will be impressed with the value. Shoot dirty ammo and you will realize how scary this gun can get -just keep it clean and you will be surprised. I've tossed it in a padded case under my RV seat for years with CCI or Federal Eagle Ammo. It's rapid fire bark is loud enough to get attention and respect.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top