JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a 9mm sccy model CPX. This gun sat in the box never shot since Sept. 2010. I tried doing a search but came up enpty. Might have done it wrong. Does anyone have or know anything about these compact pistols? It shoots good though the mags are a bit tight for loading. Thanks

I heard from a guy at the canby gun show that was selling these that a few guys who were working for kel-tec had wanted to add some features to their compact pistols and were basically told that it wasn't going to happen. So they started up their own company (SCCY) if you compare your 9mm to a pf9 I think you'll find they're very much alike. Hope that helps give you a little background on them.

The manufacturer was originally named SKYY until the vodka company sued them to change the name, so look for info under both names. There was talk on other boards in years past that reliability was iffy with the SCCY. Maybe they were using Winchester White Box? On the other hand, it was said that this was the issue backup gun for Blackwater Security mercenary contractors, so that implies that they ARE reliable. Shoot the heck out of it and let us know!.........................elsullo

i had a gen 1 cpx-1 i personally liked it i got it brand new it took about 200 rounds for it to break in (double feed problem the springs in the mags are super stiff) but after that the gun never had an issue and i would shoot any 9mm ammo i could find. the size of the gun made it very easy and comfortable to carry concealed i would still own the gun but a buddy made an offer i couldnt refuse but i still get to shoot it about once a month

I used to stock the 1st gen CPX-1, I had complaints from every customer who bought them that the screw that holds the safety lever on kept coming loose. After my intial order sold out they raised the prices above the Kel-Tec P-11 and I quit stocking the CPX-1

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top