Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need info on shipping a rifle

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by JGRuby, Jul 27, 2012.

1. JGRuby

JGRuby Portland Oregon New Member

MY uncle passed on a couple of years past. It is a part of life. I need to ship a rifle of his back to my brother tomorrow morning. I live in North East Portland and would like to find a FFL to ship to a FFL back in St.Johns, Mich. Any recommendations?

I plan to ship it in a docksil case - what else do I need to do this right?

Respectfully

James Ruby

2. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

You just need an FFL on the receiving end. Have him send you an FFL. Box it up. Take it to the Post Office (or UPS/Fedex) with it addressed to the FFL and send it.

3. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Yes you can send to their FFL, directly from you, via the USPS. Long guns can be shipped USPS but there should be no markings to indicate that it is such. In fact you can send it Parcel Post as that is the cheapest method. I did that when sending my shotgun back to the factory for repairs.

4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Uhhh I would just ship it to myself at his address and ask him to keep it in the closet till you get back there,lol
    Perfectly legal to mail yourself a long gun,USPS

Just sayin

5. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Except when you already have said that it's not his/being shipped to him. yep let's encourage people to set themselves up. good idea right there.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.