JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for volunteers to take on this project and help the efforts to save recreational target shooting in Forest land! We need someone to plan some clean ups and put together our Target Shooter Information Program. I'll help as much as possible. USFS will also help with things like signage, booth equipment, trash disposal, ect... We just need the volunteer help and we can turn this thing around. They are about to close it down. Shall we sit back and let them do that? Post here if you can help!

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...tional-shooting-in-snoqualmie-ranger-district

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next meeting date: Tuesday August 4, 2015 from 6:30-7:30 pm

Department of Natural Resources Building
950 Farman Ave
Enumclaw, WA 98022

Only two individuals who support recreational shooting attended the meeting held May 21.

Meeting attendees can contact Martie Schramm, District Ranger, for more information either by emailat[email protected] or by phone (425) 888-8751.

Last Edited:
I was in contact with Tracy O'Toole, Public Affairs Officer for Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, a little over a month ago, about the Mt Hood USFS video about partnering with USFS and had inquired about our Mt Hood Target Shooter Information Program. I mentioned we would be willing to do this program up there if we could get the volunteers to operate it. USFS could provide most all of the booth set up equipment if we only had a few dedicated folks to chip in and operate the program.

I really don't believe they want to shut down recreational sport shooting. I've seen more of their willingness, and desire, to work with an interested organization to help keep it open. But no one shows an interest in getting their boots on the ground and addressing the problems, so, what are they to do?

If we have someone in that area willing to work with them, others will join in. You'd be surprise at the community support you'll get from local sporting goods stores, Law Enforcement and other outdoor recreational groups. They all want to see a change as well.

This is a great opportunity to help save sport shooting on public land, as well as, help our national forests.

Bill

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews