1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. The lucky winners of the NWFA Fall Giveaway 2016 have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Ideas on installing weapons light to 870 20 gauge Youth Model

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Barney, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Barney

Barney Portland Member

Most all tactical additions are for 12 gauge. The barrel (21") has a vent rib, wood stock - forearm, and stock mag tube has no room for attachments (picatinny rail).
    Thanks in advance for your ideas! Barney
  2. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

3. Netspirit

Netspirit Bellevue, WA Active Member

If you have a mag extension tube (or can add one) I would recommend Elzetta ZSM-T - it supports 12, 20 and .410 gauge (for 20ga you need to use their sizing adapter and cut the internal ribs out).

It makes sense to order ZPR8700 too - it adds a Picatinny rail on the other side. You can mount anything there - for example, a laser (Crimson Trace CMR 201), which will allow you to shoot without shouldering the weapon (works best if your shotgun has a pistol grip instead of, or in addition to, the stock), or shoot slugs at long distances with more accuracy.

Another option is to try a magnetic mount, BeamLOKR Shotgun model SG12, which, according to what the customer support told me, should work with a 20 gauge. I have no experience with magnetic mounts.