JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
building a shop.
64x32
Gonna be insulated in at least R-38
My friend has a 2003 York diamond 80 furnace and AC. With extra new couple hundred feet of gas line. He wants $1,000. Came from a upgraded unit from a home. Been outside all winter under a cover. Is it worth it? If it went crap on me soon, is it still worth it to fix?

It depends on ceiling height, and average seasonal outdoor temperatures. Generally in the Willamette Valley 2,048 sq feet at R38 would require a 3.5 - 4.0 ton AC system, that's (42,000-48,000 btu's/hr generally denoted with a "42", "042" or "48", "048" somewhere in the model number.

The gas furnace would need to be around 100,000-btu's/hr (give or take) and I assume the blower (air drive) is sized matched to the AC system.

$1,000 for a matched gas furnace and AC system is indeed a good deal, depending on how old it is, and how much it was actually used. Generally you can tell the age by most serial numbers, the third and fourth digit are the clue.. i.e. 3607A10JGL tells me it was made in '07. York can have some "different" serial number formats, but a lot of times you can find a manufacture date somewhere on/in them.

Hope that helps! ;)

I asked my friend who does the yearly tune-up and maintenance on my 20 year old Carrier GasPack combo and he says no 14 year old unit is worth more than $500 max and then only if has been services regularly.

Thanks. I looked on craigslist and there's 2 year old combo units that are high efficiency for $700.00
Being outside all winter under a tarp wasn't ideal. It was -17 with snow.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top