Need hlep painting a 1989 Suburban

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JackFrost, Jul 13, 2012.

1. JackFrost

JackFrost
    Central Oregon

I have a 1989 Suburban that I have been working on and I am ready for paint, I have all the material and the rig is sanded and just needs to be masked and shot with color! The only problem is the place where I was going to do it is no longer available. So my question is, does anybody know of a place or have a buddy that can shoot it for me? I am located in the Portland Oregon area and any tips would be extremely appreciated This is one of the last things I need to finish before we move!

Oh and yes I have checked out the community colleges and they are a pain to deal with+ there is a waiting list.

I would be willing to pay of course, hopefully not more than $300

Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  2. JackFrost

JackFrost
    Central Oregon

Shut the front door! Nobody has an autobody buddy? Come on peeps, help a brother out! Would the offer of plentiful cold draft brewskies help out?:drink:

3. rdb241

rdb241
    Puyallup Washington
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I know you are in PDX but up here in Tacoma you can rent a paint both for 24 hrs at a time. There might be a place down there to do the same. I am a painter, I paint airplanes for Boeing, and could squirt it for you but it is a long ways to hook up.

4. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

I'm not a painter, but is there anything else I could do.....For plentiful cold draft "BREWSKIES"?

Mike

5. SDR

SDR
    Clackamas County, Oregon

6. darkminstrel

darkminstrel
    PDX

I seem to recall a body shop in Multnomah Village that would rent their paint booth. Forget the name though. Are you paying for materials as well as time?

7. JackFrost

JackFrost
    Central Oregon

I have the paint, sealer and all other materials allready, basically I just need someone to show me how to mix proper ratios, paint-thinner etc and also squirt it for me if possible, I have looked into the paint booth rentals, but that does not help me in the assistance dept! I was hoping that somebody either had a big shop with space or knew of a buddy who could just squirt it for cheap if it showed up prepped and I could just mask it on the spot. A buddy of mine said I could do it at his work but the painter there was going to charge $500 just to shoot it and I cant afford that right now!