JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so I don't know alot about what scope to get so if you all could help please go into detal. I need a scope that will be good at 300 yards but I also like to shoot 800+ about a 3rd of the time.
I just don't know what to get. I would like to find a good used one or new for around $500. Do I want red dot, milspec, x hairs??????

Thanks
Donovan C

it would help to know what kind of shooting you will be doing
deer hunting
varmit hunting
bench shooting
competion shooting
tactical
plinking
ect

also what is it going on

how far to plan to shoot

what kind of rifle

if using a .223 look into the leupold MarkAr scopes they have a .223 drop compensator

<broken link removed>

My always dilemma. :s0114:

For hunting I've settled on 2X7 because it's good for close up brush work and will also work at hunting distances in open country.

For long range target there are too many choices in powers. Take your pick. If a scope is too powerful I have trouble holding it steady in the field, even with an improvised rest or a bipod. Bench rest is another deal.

My worthless opinion is that a lot of guys choose a scope that's too powerful to be practical.

I still like Leopold scopes, but that opinion started many years ago. Everyone has an opinion, right? :s0114:

I like my ACOG but out the 800 might be pushing it.
You cant beat the SWFA Super Sniper Scopes for price and quality but I'd suggest this- It's a bit over your budget but it's both a tactical and a decent mid range scope:
<broken link removed>
What caliber and platform is this going on?

years ago i put a signature series burris 8X32 on a bull barrel rem 223 and i really like it.
the scope has target knobs, mil dot and b drop comp. i think they are running about six hundred these days at bear basin outfitters in kali.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top