JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The meeting went AWESOME!!!! I have been rather busy....I will have a write up of everything later this evening. Or if you too anxious, email me at my email in the first post and I will fill you in that way.

If he's already an anti, don't even mention the second amendment.

Relying on the 2nd amendment, which he no doubt believes is a relic and "not applicable today" is using what in rhetoric, we refer to as the "appeal to authority." If your opponent doesn't recognize the source as being authoritative, it's a waste of time.

Sources:

Guncite.com -some of the best data out there.

Peer-reviewed data compiled by professor Gary Kleck, criminologist at Fla. State Univ. Winner of the Michael J. Hindelang Award for his work showing AT LEAST hundreds of thousands of defensive gun uses per year in the U.S.

Peer-reviewed data compiled by Dr. John Lott, Formerly professor at Yale Law School, Wharton School of Business, University of Chicago among others, which showed conclusively that increases in concealed carry did not increase crime, which was corroborated by the National Academy of Sciences in it's study of Lott's work in 2004.

U.S. Justice Department report dated 2004 on the then about-to-expire AWB, which stated that there had been no measurable effect from the law and that "assault weapons were rarely used in crime before the ban."

Hope hat helps. Don't quote any advocacy organization like the NRA. Stick to the facts, which are non-controversial and well-established. -Only the zealot Antis try to even argue these points.

The meeting on Thursday went great! A lot better than expected and am very happy with it all.

Sen Harper impressed me a lot. After giving him some facts on magazines and such in previous emails before the meeting, he went out and did some research of his own. With this being said, he stated he will no longer support ANY attempt to ban magazines of any kind. Also, he realized that a ban on a certain kind of gun that depends on cosmetic features was foolish and he was sorry for supporting it in the beginning.

We also spoke of the proposed universal background checks. After telling him my concerns about how it would not allow family members to transfer a firearm between each other and also wouldn't allow CPL holders to be exempt, like we are for buying from dealers. Another thing I brought up was how a dealer would be required to hold the firearm until the background check was finished. This would put a burden on the dealer to be responsible for property that wasn't theirs, along with having to store it, etc. He didn't think about all the technical things involved and after much talk, said he won't support that either. If he does go for it, it would have to be revised to the point of a new bill being written. Seems that I was able to get through to him and I do have the entire conversation recorded, with his knowledge and approval. Our 15 minute talk ended up going on for over an hour and he made other appointments wait until we were finished.

At the end, I gave him an open invite to go shooting and be able to learn how the guns work and what we are talking about. When I said this, he lit up like a little kid in a candy store. He admitted that he never was around guns growing up, other than his grandfather's shotgun. We plan on going to the range end of next month or so, depending on schedules. Not too bad for a democrat Senator from Western Washington...lol

Excellent!
Thanks for representing the truth, and supporting our rights. It was a rare opportunity, and it sounds like you handled it quite well.
One down, so many more to go. We will never surrender!
Let Freedom Ring!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads