JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Having a hell of a time getting my #4 Mk2 to feed properly. both left and right side feeding seem to jam up halfway. Have tried bending the feed lips to no success and even tried messing with the rear ones. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

20210525_182457.jpg 20210525_182608.jpg 20210525_182657.jpg 20210525_182700.jpg 20210525_182712.jpg 20210525_182717.jpg 20210525_182802.jpg 20210525_182809.jpg 20210525_182822.jpg

How's the spring in the mag?

Does it load any better or worse with varying the amount of rounds in the mag?
Spring can be sticky and I was going to clean it and oil it here soon. I only have 5 snapcaps currently though I suppose I could load 5 live rounds at the bottom to test full mag loading. in the first 5 rounds at least it doing the same thing every time. Extreme feed angle and it almost looks like the cartridge hangs on the feed lips. Then when I pull back the bolt the round "pops" out of the magazine for a lack of a better way of putting it. Maybe every 1 in 10-15 attempts will a round chamber without issue.

Ah, I don't wish to make a thing of this, but do you ever clean that rifle?

By the way - it looks to me like the FP is sticking out too much, so I posted a ? on the L-E FB forum.

This was the resplone -

Hi tac, minimum at about 0.040 inch (1,02mm) and Maximum at 0.050 inch (1,27mm) sometimes a bit +/- (give or take). Patrick.

Ah, I don't wish to make a thing of this, but do you ever clean that rifle?

By the way - it looks to me like the FP is sticking out too much, so I posted a ? on the L-E FB forum.

This was the resplone -

Hi tac, minimum at about 0.040 inch (1,02mm) and Maximum at 0.050 inch (1,27mm) sometimes a bit +/- (give or take). Patrick.
I have not gotten to cleaning it yet but I just bought it from another NWFA member recently. It will be getting a deep clean here soon but I was just trying to troubleshoot the feeding issues the previous owner mentioned it had first if possible (its my first enfield).

Tac Foley
Thank you, Sir. A fellow poster on northwestfirearms is getting hangups on the last round out of the mag of his No4 MkII - to me it looks like it's getting stopped from rising properly due to the excessive protrusion - it looks like around 2.5mm at le…
See more

• Patriks Surplus Kitchen
    Tac Foley "hangups" of what sort? do the last round out of the mag jams to the upper left corner in-front of the chamber? The Firing Pin should not Protrude at all during Loading a cartridge in the Chamber.
BTW, THIS is an Enfield rifle -

1622127899515.png

What you have is a LEE-Enfield rifle, the Lee being the name of the American who designed it in the first place. Anyhoo, if I were you, I'd be giving it a good and thorough clean BEFORE doing anything else, the second thing being signing up for the FB page on the Lee-Enfield rifle in all its variants.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top