1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need help with Corbin swaging setup

Discussion in 'Ammunition Classifieds' started by NoOne, Jun 21, 2009.

1. NoOne

NoOne Puget Sound Active Member

I have been asked to help liquidate the gun accessory part of an estate. Everything is pretty straightforward except for this, and I'm hoping for some help.

It is a Corbin setup to use 22 rimfire cases and swage them, with lead cores into 224 bullets. There are 2 large swaging dies, 2 punch dies, and one unit that I think is used to cut the lead cores to size. I don't know how much to ask for this unit, but have been told that the setup cost many hundreds of dollars when new.

There is so much on the Corbin site, I couldn't tell what dies these were, but I presume:
    1. Swaging the 22 shell into a jacket
    2. cutting the cores from lead wire
    3. swaging the core into the jacket
    4. swaging the ogive onto the bullet

So I still have 2 pieces remaining that I don't know what they are for...

Does anyone have any suggestions for a price, or is this kind of unit even of interest now that bullets are readily available, and reasonably cheap?

Thanks in advance.
  2. johtree

johtree oregon Member

i am interested in these corbin dies, pm sent........

3. JimBob

JimBob Portland / Vancouver area Member

Here is a link to the item (assuming)... http://www.corbins.com/prrfjm.htm

It also includes a link to the complete price listings for the item and accessories. Cost new is about $780

4. pencap

pencap Oregon Member

The problem with that type of setup is that it is expensive to buy when new, but much cheaper used. Much cheaper.

Not to mention the limited market.
  5. NoOne

NoOne Puget Sound Active Member

Jimbob, many thanks for the help. The unit has been sold. Your input was of great help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.