JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought a new-to-me SAECO black (meaning older) Saeco lubri-sizer. It was so caked with black lube I thought the entire machine was black, but some parts aren't.

Anyway, I have an instruction booklet coming from Redding, who makes them now.

In the meantime, I've been cleaning it, and I need advice on how to get the hard black god-awful lube out of the reservoir easily, and how to get the die out.

I got the top punch out easily enough, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to take the .308 sizing die out. I must be overthinking it.

As for the lube, do you just invert it over a bucket and hit it with a hairdryer? Or is there an easier way so I can be sure to get all the old stuff out?

Heatgun is your best friend for that!! Don't use a propane torch or anything else with a flame... It will get it to hot..

Took me about two hours to get all the old lube out of my star lubrsizer.

Heatgun, hot air dryer, or boiling water from the tea-kettle. I usually like the boiling water method over the trashcan. If you have some pots you don't like too much, you can boil up a pot of hot water and put it in there (whole thing doesn't have to go in) but all the lube will float off it and get all over the pot, which is hell to clean.

Usually whenever I change lube, I will use the hot water method to get all the old lube out. Also, if you're going to run a hard lube you might want to get a heated base for it.

OK, I tried a hairdryer and that was a tad ssssslllooooowwwww........

I'll try finding a pot at the local goodwill and hang it upside down so just the reservoir is in the water. Anybody have a clue on the die and getting that out? I unscrewed the nut under the die but after that I can't seem to finagle it. With no mechanical talent and no written directions I'm having a steep learning curve.

The dies on my non-SAECO sizer luber are held in by a small setscrew in the front, no bottom nut. After loosening the screw, I take a 3/8"-1/2" drive socket that is a little smaller in diameter than the die, put it under the die, and on top of the bullet lifter upper punch, and use the handle to lift the die out of the sizer luber.
Don't know if this will work for a SAECO, though

At my request last week, J & J Outdoor Adventures made a YouTube basic instruction video on the Saeco lubricator and sizer. I had found nothing like this for the Saeco, and answers a lot of questions on how to use the press. Shout out to this guy!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top