Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need help with a price of gun someone wants to trade

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Shoooter, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Shoooter

Shoooter oregon city Member

I know nothing about para ordinace guns or if they are any good so i am asking for some help here. Para Ordnance P14 45 Limited blued version with box and 2 mags. I was looking at getting a 1911 but was looking at kimber or springfield. Anyone have an idea on price? Looked around on the internet and cant find out much about the limited. Looks like they get turned into competition guns.
    Thanks in advance for any input

2. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I would place it at maybe $550 or so. I'm not a big fan of double stack 1911's, but it's a decent quality gun...

3. Shoooter

Thanks MountainBear

4. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

run. run fast and don't look back.

5. Shoooter

Run fast huh? Yeah seems there is good and bad reviews on them. Thanks PuddleMonkey

6. cash$$cow

cash$$cow Eastern Wa Member

I am not a big fan of them. Had a 14. It was fat in the grip and not real accurate for me.

7. Cypress

Cypress Philomath, OR New Member

I had a P16-40 Limited for a while. It was a good entry into 1911's coming from a Glock background. Very fat in the grip, so handle it before you consider it.

My 40 was purchased to be a race gun, and that's all I really used it for. The Limited designation is short for "Limited 10", as the magazines that came with my gun were great big fat double-stack 10 rounders. I bought some Mec-Gar magazines that held 15, but didn't lock my slide back after the last round. The gun was picky about ammo and had plenty of FTF, especially when it was dirty.

I bought the gun used in 2004 for $800, and traded it off for $500 this year because of reliability reasons, and I'm no longer competing.

TL;DR: It's a cheap race gun. If you're not buying it to compete or need a dependable gun, look elsewhere.

8. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

For years I had a P12-45. Have nothing but good things to say about that gun. I would not be afraid of owning, and carrying, a Para. I often wonder if the Para Ordnance bashers ever owned one...

9. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

Well, "normal" pricing would put a 95% gun at $515, 98% @ 600. That is as of the middle of Dec. last yr.
    Since then, prices have risen alot, receded, leveled off and so on. What kind of pricing are you lookin at?

10. Mezzovex

Mezzovex Sherwood Active Member

I don't like the double stack. Way to big for my hands. I would prefer the premium on a kimber.

11. Shoooter

Thanks for the input. I think I will wait and get a springfield or kimber.