JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Proper or Correct? Don't make me have to look this up.....

Book_Of_Browning.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Finally ran ammo thru the 1918 1911 today. It ran like a top with not a hint of any issues. I started with just one round in the mag then stopped to soak in the 100 year old history. Now I have a headache from squinting at the tiny front blade.

I was going to start a new thread but will post here for now.

Glad that @flashpan pistol is working as it should.

I have a 9 year old Springfield Armory Loaded that is not staying at full cock when fired. Everything else seems to fine expect that when fired, the hammer comes back to half cock instead of staying at full cock as it should. With what I have learned in this thread, it sounds like I better take my hammer and sear apart for inspection.

Generally, not enough pressure on the sear leg of the spring. Increase the pressure on that leg and that should fix the problem.

Springfield has a reputation for poor sear spring quality. PM me and I'll send you a better quality replacement.

I was going to start a new thread but will post here for now.

Glad that @flashpan pistol is working as it should.

I have a 9 year old Springfield Armory Loaded that is not staying at full cock when fired. Everything else seems to fine expect that when fired, the hammer comes back to half cock instead of staying at full cock as it should. With what I have learned in this thread, it sounds like I better take my hammer and sear apart for inspection.

Yup....I'd get it looked at and worked on before it goes full auto on ya (should the half-cock not hold).

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top