Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need help valuing a pair of Rugers.

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by leadass, Sep 22, 2012.

1. leadass

leadass maine New Member

So I've got this pair of Ruger single action revolvers... One is a Blackhawk .357 mag, the other is an Old Army percussion black powder. They are both blued and in great condition. The thing that's got me a bit hung up is, on both of the barrels it reads:"Made in the 200th year of American Liberty". I've seen 50th anniversary Blackhawks, and some other collectibles but never these. Any input you guys could give me I'd be grateful for. I'd really love it if you told me they are one of a kind worth millions!!! It's ok to dream right? thanks, Brian

2. Solomon

Solomon Vancouver Active Member

All Rugers produced in 1976 had that rollmark.

3. leadass

leadass maine New Member

I figured that, but does that add any value?

4. Solomon

Solomon Vancouver Active Member

Not really, no.

5. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Some collectors look for the Liberty Models, but they like pristine in the box examples. Sounds like you have a couple of nice shooters. The liberty roll mark is a nice touch, but I agree it wouldn't add much value (outside of NIB condition).

I would value the Blackhawk at between $350 and $400, and you might get towards the high end. I don't have much experience on the Old Army, but I would guess between $400 and $500 depending on how quick you wanted to sell it...

6. leadass

leadass maine New Member

You guys are killing me, This was my plan for my kids college!!! Just kidding, thanks, that's what I was thinking they were worth.

7. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Your name says it all bro,just feed 'em paint chips and they won't go to college. Save you some money!