JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I have three firearms that I need information as to possiable value.

1. 16GA shotgun, Name on gun is Blackfield W, That was a trade name used on shotguns by Chicago, IL Gun dealer Hibbard, Spencer & Barlett who went out of business in 1929

2.Black Power, I cannot read the name, but it is a small boor calaiber

3. 22 Winchester Model 1890 Pump, Pat June25, 88, Dec 6, 92

storageshelf 005.jpg

storageshelf 006.jpg

storageshelf 007.jpg

$100 for an 1890 pump?

Someone's smoking something or wanting to buy it himself. :)

========================================================

I should of noted that I am far from an expert, and i do not need another .22 rifle.

All my old .22 rifles are $100 or less except the 10/22 which is slightly more valuable, My old shotgun is maybe worth $200, and nobody wants to buy the used black powder guns.

These are simple observations I have made as a newbie in the last 6 months.

The .22 pump and the old shotgun could be worth considerbly more if they are somehow unique or more sought after of course.

What do you think they are worth?

More information is needed on the 1890, such as the S/N (last 2 digits could be xx'ed out). This would establish the model # and year made.

Also, the calibre. He says "22", but they were made in a number of different 22 calibres and some are worth more than others.

The bore condition would also be good to know. Black, frosty, clean, etc.

Finally, does it appear to be refinished in some way.

But, any of the model/calibre combos are worth at least $250 in "poor" condition. The picture shown (although not clear) doesn't make it appear to be in "poor" condition.

If it's a first model in excellent condition it could be worth $9000, or if it's a Deluxe second model in excellent condition $10,000.

Even a refinished one would be worth considerably more than the $100 you mentioned.

The Black Powder rifle is interesting. I wish someone knew something about it. I have always wanted to get into that, but know nothing about it. Any idea of the caliber or brand?

I would take the .22 to someone who can do an apraisal and be honest about it. As others have stated, they are a neat rifle which can be a collectors item.

JW

It's often amazed me that antique guns aren't worth more generally. There are important exceptions, but owners are often surprised and disappointed that run-of-the-mill guns 100+ years old aren't worth as much as they thought.

The BP rifle is a Hawken style, more than likely a replica. The tang sight on it is $50-75 bucks, the rifle looks nice but with out the brand or makers info finial value can not be established. $200-400+.

The Black Powder rifle is interesting. I wish someone knew something about it. I have always wanted to get into that, but know nothing about it. Any idea of the caliber or brand?

I would take the .22 to someone who can do an apraisal and be honest about it. As others have stated, they are a neat rifle which can be a collectors item.

JW

This might be a 'parts' gun from possibly two or more builders. The Golcher back action lock MIGHT be original. The barrel goes from octagon to round about 3/10 inch from the muzzle. It is a 32 caliber. If I find out more I'll PM you if you'd like.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads