JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have an older (181 series) Mini 14 that I'm thinking of selling. I have a bunch of extra Ruger brand mags, some other, reasonable upgrades, a Choate folding stock in addition to the OEM wood, and a brand new RDS. Current retail on just the extras totals almost a grand, obviously that's not what I expect to get, but still, it sort of complicates things. Don't really want to break it up, yeah, I might net a little more, but it's more hassle, and what do I do with gun specific items that don't sell? Current market value on just the bare rifle seems to be around the $750 (?) mark, $1000 for the package seems like a screaming deal, but I don't think an older Mini will net that, regardless of extras. I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestion ya'll might have, later.

Dave

Sometimes things get in such demand that there isn't a lot of difference between new and "older" in terms of price. The bunch of Ruger branded magazines is apt to be worth more than you think at today's prices. Your pricing estimate of $1,000 is too low in my opinion, if in good condition.

It would be worth it to sell the mags separate, imo.
The rest probably won't alter value of package greatly. The only stock anyone really salivates over is the Ateam factory folder.
How many ruger branded mags?
5s 10s 20s or 30s?

Thanks, guys, I really appreciate the feedback. Knobgoblin, mag count is 1 5 rd., 6 10's, and 2 30's, as well as 4 no name 30's. Current retail on the Ruger mags alone is almost $400, and it seems to be pretty hard finding anyone that has any in stock. The Choate folder definitely isn't the OEM unit, but I like it, the LOP works better for me than the OEM wood stock, even with an extended butt pad installed. Guess I need to get some pics taken and an ad posted. Later, and thanks again.

Dave

Id be interested in your ruger mags.
I'll keep it in mind, but IF I decide to sell, I'll try selling as a package first, shipping is enough of a hassle with one or two, it becomes a real PITA when I've got stuff going 6 different places. And since I live in the boonies of Eastern WA, shipping is almost always going to be necessary, I think I've managed just a couple of local sales over the years. Later.

Dave

Pricing may be influenced by the reason behind the sale.

Say for example you want a new or new to you gun...By selling the Mini-14 at a price that covers the new gun...you get rid of a gun you no longer want or have use for and get a gun that do want or have a use for.
This price ...may or may not reflect current market value of the Mini-14...
Andy

Pricing may be influenced by the reason behind the sale.

Say for example you want a new or new to you gun...By selling the Mini-14 at a price that covers the new gun...you get rid of a gun you no longer want or have use for and get a gun that do want or have a use for.
This price ...may or may not reflect current market value of the Mini-14...
Andy
Actually, that's part of the problem, Andy, I don't really have anything on my want list right now. I tend to prefer trading, it allows both sides of the deal to feel they got the better end of it ;). Part of why I'm still thinking about it, instead of posting an ad in the Classifieds. Later.

Dave

Nothing on the want list right now....gotta look harder... :D

Kidding here , and I prefer trading as well , that can be fun.
Nice to think on a price and do research...a fair price for a item...can be rare today.
Andy

If you need the money then you need the money or if the new has worn off but you don't know what's next, I'd take it and all the stuff that goes with it to my local trusted gun shop and look for something I didn't know I wanted yet for around the same value +/-. After all the correct number of guns is just one more.:)

I have a bunch of 20rd Ruger Mini-14 mags that are new in the package, any idea what they're worth?
For me, Free? :D
If they are new in package you could price match for what they retail for, however most guys would just buy new if that was . Being just a few bucks off retail price though, especially mini 14 mags I believe they'd sell.

I have a bunch of 20rd Ruger Mini-14 mags that are new in the package, any idea what they're worth?
Easy $40 a pop if NIB , old school factory white box packaging.

$30 +/- in newer card backed plastic peg style packaging.

Edit: non factory 20s are variable.

Except pro-mags , which are worth -$5 each.
Yes, you have to pay tape a $5 bill to a promag to get it out of your life.

Last Edited:
Easy $40 a pop if NIB , old school factory white box packaging.

$30 +/- in newer card backed plastic peg style packaging.

Edit: non factory 20s are variable.

Except pro-mags , which are worth -$5 each.
Yes, you have to pay tape a $5 bill to a promag to get it out of your life.
Send those to me, Ill take your steel promag mini14 mags

Do you do the follower swap trick?

I have a couple of nice, shiny USA brand stainless 30s that I got reliable function from by swapping in followers from ruger factory 5rd mags. No longer bolt hold open, but feed reliably.
I havent! Ive just had reallt good luck with the promag steel magazines. However if I ever have feeding issues I now have a new trick I can try. Thank you for the tip!