JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can anyone help me find the value and age of this smith and wesson model 29-2? Its new in the box with all the accessories, never fired, and virtually unhandled (other than opening the cylinder to get the serial number).It has a blue finish and the serial number is N391XXX MOD292.

NIB guns are difficult to price, because at that point it becomes a buyers market. It could sell from anywhere between $700 to $1200 and on up, it just depends on if you get lucky enough to find a buyer who is willing to pay your asking price.

The last NIB 29 that sold on GB went for $720;
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=149586409

And it appears that there are a whole bunch on there asking between $1200 and $1700 that haven't sold.

It all comes down to what a buyer is willing to pay, and right now might not be the best time to sell something like that with people freaking out about money.

Thank you physicsguy.
Sorry ogre, I meant to include the barrel length. It's 8 1/2", and yes it is in a wood presentation box with cleaning rod and tool.
I only have a rough estimate on the age though... sometime between the mid-60's to early 70's. I checked all the paperwork that came with it but I couldn't find any dates.:(

Thank you physicsguy.
Sorry ogre, I meant to include the barrel length. It's 8 1/2", and yes it is in a wood presentation box with cleaning rod and tool.
I only have a rough estimate on the age though... sometime between the mid-60's to early 70's. I checked all the paperwork that came with it but I couldn't find any dates.:(

If you want exact dates, the best way is to contact S&W, but you usually have to pay a small fee for the information.

The -2 spanned a pretty large timeline, so there are lots out there, but I do not know if the 8 3/8" (that's what you have, not 8.5") barrel was produced more than others.

My conservative estimate, if you were patient, would be between $800-1100, that's a guess without seeing condition of gun or box. If you were in a hurry to sell, you should have no trouble getting $700-800 pretty quickly.

According to the good book (Standard Catalog of S&W), your revolver was made in 1975-1976. It puts the value at $850, which is probably pretty accurate (although the values in any book rarely are accurate).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top