JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

I ran one of those for a few days. Not to be negative, but I found the quality lacking. Look at the channel for the front sight....that's pretty lazy.

Look at mine for comparison. Yes, my clip is a bit worn, I wear it if I'm vertical:

IMG_0422.JPG

It's those little things that make the difference, no need for a huge front sight channel that just makes it harder to conceal. :)

Vedder kydex holsters are decent for the money. I prefer JM Custom Kydex for a bit more money.

Not a big fan of the "hybrid" holsters, and I like leather for a few things but not daily carry. Just my personal preference.

Last Edited:
I ran one of those for a few days. Not to be negative, but I found the quality lacking. Look at the channel for the front sight....that's pretty lazy.

Look at mine for comparison. Yes, my clip is a bit worn, I wear it if I'm vertical:

View attachment 891345

It's those little things that make the difference, no need for a huge front sight channel that just makes it harder to conceal. :)
Agreed. However, my aftermarket sights fit, and once I tweaked the retention and tilt to my preference, I have been quite happy.

Think of it as the Springfield of holsters. 😂

6DAB3062-223E-4662-9A81-63E6B8F96FAC.jpeg

I have definitely been giving alien gear a look, the reviews are really up and down but the option to try a bunch of stuff or a la carte your choices is nice. I was going to get a mold for the pistol and a couple belt loops to switch between strong side and crossdraw for driving. Still might go with this option because it's very cheap and offers expansion to other carry styles. Safariland does too, to a different degree.

I hear amazing things about Ted Blocker and as far as belts go. I wear a grip6 which pretty rigid if you've never worn one. I've had mine everyday for almost 5 years and has almost 0 wear. I think it's high tensile nylon fiber weave that has a breaking strength of > 2000lbs. At least that's the spiel from the website lol I've gotten a few free ones disc golfing but only ever used the first one I got. Lifetime guarantee too.

I really appreciate all the input guys. Do any of you switch your carry position when you get in the car and drive? Or remove your holster?
I drive for 8 hours a day and I do not change my carry position. I carry in the same location whether sitting or standing. It was odd/uncomfortable at first but now it's unnoticeable. I personally try to avoid removing and adjusting my holster throughout the day. My go to holsters would be Trex Arms, fieldcraft survival, or Gcode for inside the waistband. Outside the waistband would strictly be safariland. I only carry kydex for my own personal reasons. And personally I would advise against the hybrid holsters (alien gear/cross breed) but they may work great for you. Holsters are a funny thing due to the fact we all carry in different positions and we aren't all built the same.

B194E046-4DE4-432B-8C23-B959235F7A94.jpeg

Last Edited:
I have definitely been giving alien gear a look, the reviews are really up and down but the option to try a b
I thought the same initially and alien gear was first one i bought. I have a few guns ( G42, G48, G19 ) that I thought I might carry so something modular seemed like good idea. However, alien gear was total fail for me. It was just too wide and uncomfortable. I'm fairly small so this may not apply to you. I'm now leaning towards super minimal IWB holsters.

For G42, I'm using https://www.concealmentexpress.com/collections/iwb-kydex-holsters
For G48, I have https://www.bravoconcealment.com/co...8-iwb-gun-holster?_pos=1&_sid=d61ff44b5&_ss=r This is even slightly too big for me and I'm probably going to get G48 version of holster above.

If you're up in Portland any time soon, i'd swap barely used Alien Gear holster cheap.

Not gonna read what everyone else says cause I'm lazy not gonna lie. I personally have a trex arms raptor holster and I love it. It's inexpensive and they're really customizable. That being said, it only has one attachment point and it will rotate on your belt as any single point would. I would suggest their sidecar holster as it has two points it attaches to your belt and carries a spare mag. With that being said, my wife has a tier1 concealed holster that also has two attachment points and we have the "ulti clips" on hers. They are a VERY SOLID spring loaded lock up system that does not come loose. When you push down on the clips, the piece of metal that secures to your clothes has teeth in it to help dig in to your clothes and not come loose. I am jealous of her holster, but I'm left handed and shoot an M&P so I'm very limited on holsters 😂.
Now with all that being said, my biggest suggestion is to get a kydex holster over a leather holster. The kydex holsters are a much more secure and safe holster than the leather. That's my biggest recommendation.

So I will be getting my CHL soon and I'm not sure I realized how many brands of holsters and styles there were.

I know like with most things it will take some time and personal opinion on what I end with but wouldn't mind getting pointed I'm the right direction.

I am 6' 1" and 280lbs up from 240 before the quarantine. Never had an interest in appendix carry so I have been looking at strong side(2 to 5) IWB and OWB holsters. I have compiled a short list of similar holsters and was wanting to bounce it off the experience of the forum.

Right now I'm leaning towards one with more adjustability but I really like the how secure the belt loops look compared to some of the belt hooks and paddles.

Thanks for your input NWFA
So many options and personal preference is everything with holsters. I can recommend these gunleather holsters. Extremely impressed with the quality for the $. Have not tried for Glock 48 though. I like the extra bit of leather that keeps the end of the slide off ur skin.

Alien Gear, very good quality and lots of adjustability, at a really good price point! I have tossed much more expensive and custom holsters in the box after getting this one! Makes all day carry a simple deal, and VERY comfortable!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top