Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need help on getting my CWP in Vancouver WA

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by Bigd6943, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Bigd6943

Bigd6943 In the all year rain state Active Member

So i hope you all can help me I need to know what speps to take to get my CWP in Washington. Just if your wondering I'm not a young punk lol in 32 and still have my job so I'm not going to go postal.

Thank you
    Donovan C

2. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

uhh as far as I know you just go into your local Sheriffs office and apply for it no class required? Im from OR but I was going to get a non resident and that's what the lady told me.. its like $55 bucks and thats it

3. HahnsXD

HahnsXD Battle Ground WA Active Member

Yeah just drive to the Clark County Sheriff's Office in downtown, go the front desk and tell them you'd like to apply for your permit, you'll fill out paperwork, get fingerprinted and pay like $55 and then wait about 30 days for your permit to arrive..

4. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

5. phathom

phathom Vancouver, WA Member

Yup, that's pretty much it, just applied for mine at the Clark County Sheriffs office in downtown Vancouver.

You go downstairs, pay them $55.25, go upstairs with the paperwork they give you, they have you fill it out, then they fingerprint you and take a copy of your license. You're out the door in about 5-10 minutes assuming there is no line. They told me, being non-resident, that I will get my permit within 60 days, as it's 30 days for residents.

6. TCOV

TCOV OLYMPIC PENINSULA Active Member

If you live in the city limits they may require you to apply at the city police. Thats what they do where I live.

7. phathom

phathom Vancouver, WA Member

Which brings a question, what state is OP from? It just says "In the all year rain state" that could be anything in the NW really, but if your out of state you can go to any.

8. longcolt

longcolt Zephyrhills, FL Active Member

Thanks for that link. I need to do a renewal this year and I printed off the application to fill out and speed up the process at the sheriffs office.

9. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member