JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have in my possesion my very first gun. A .22 bolt action single shot. It is a wards western field model 25xnm. I am missing the whole bolt assembly. I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can find a replacement for this rifle.

Well I tried that site and they don't even have that rifle listed. So if there is anyone out there that can direct me to a website or a knowledgable gunsmith so I can see if I can get this rifle up and shooting soon. Thanks in advance.

Your rifle was probably made by one of the bigger names in rifles (Mossberg, etc). You need to find out which one. I'm not sure how you will do it other than compare photos or something.

I have in my possesion my very first gun. A .22 bolt action single shot. It is a wards western field model 25xnm. I am missing the whole bolt assembly. I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can find a replacement for this rifle.
post a picture on this site, it may help with identity of the piece. Also, check gunbroker for parts, I have aquired many parts for older guns there. You may also find some parts with dixie gun works.

Ok so after a days worth of scanning the Internet I found that this rifle of mine might have been made in 1950-1977. It might be from marlin or noble. It appears I'm not the only owner of this weapon without a bolt as I have seen three online so far. Problem is I have yet to find out exactly who made it and if I can get a replacement bolt . I'm getting discouraged.

I have pics of a noble model 20 that looks similar but it too is missing a bolt. The bolt I remember is a single shot ( no mag ) and to cock the hammer you just simply lock bolt and pull back on the rear of bolt to lock hammer. Does anyone know what I am talking about

I have pics of a noble model 20 that looks similar but it too is missing a bolt. The bolt I remember is a single shot ( no mag ) and to cock the hammer you just simply lock bolt and pull back on the rear of bolt to lock hammer. Does anyone know what I am talking about

It sounds like you are talking about most of the single shot 22s out there with a center pull knob at the end of the bolt. Take some good photos and post them and perhaps someone can match it up. It'll probably be easier to find a whole rifle than just the bolt.

Photo example: http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=9346187

My computer is currently in the shop getting un-virused ( if that's a word ) so pics are on standby. This site won't allow a pic upload from my phone. Yes I am prepared to buy a whole rifle just to replace the bolt on my cherished first rabbit/ squirrel eliminator. That pic in that link at auctionarms.com is somewhat similar. That cocking mechanism is diffferent but the same basic idea. Thanks for the link.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top