JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up a barrel on Gunbroker but the seller didnt have any details about it.

Its an 18" barrel with a midlength gas system.
for an AR of course, chambered in 7.62x39... looks like a melonite finish

Barrel is only marked "7.62x39mm 1/10"

The curious thing about is that there are dimples predrilled opposite of the gas hole, for proper alignment of the block.

This seemed like an odd feature for a run of the mill barrel, even higher end barrels Ive bought didnt have anything like that.
Makes me think that maybe it was meant to be used with a proprietary block? I had one that lined up well enough.

A shot in the dark, I know. Anyone seen something like that before?

Im hoping to find a Mfr, see if its a .308 or a true .311 bore too.... if that really even matters...

From what I have seen shopping around, quite a few manufacturers have dimples for low profile set screw type gas blocks.

Sucks when you don't get at least a set of initials on the barrel to know manufacturers name. Even some of the really inexpensive brands at least have an initial of some sort.

As for bore diameter, a caliper can figure that out in a jiffy.

Are the dimples bright steel or the same color as the rest of the barrel? If they are bare steel someone probably drilled it out when they installed it. Otherwise they are there to help locate and secure the gas block, any gas block that uses set screws will fit.

As for the bore, buy a lead sinker, grease it, and hammer it through, then you can measure it.

The dimples have been finished over. They don't look like typical drill bit dimples, which I've done with a jig on other barrels.

Probably just a nice feature from the factory then, which also makes me think it's not just a cheap barrel, although I see more manufacturers doing that now. It certainly makes linking things up easier.

20181008_131319.jpg 20181008_131333.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top