Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need help identifying This revolver

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by wolfwistle, Jan 29, 2012.

1. wolfwistle

wolfwistle lebanon Member

This is a father of a friends revolver ,There is no name that he has found and only has this trade mark. He told me the caliber but I forgot it was very odd caliber ....Help. julie.png ShootingwithJulie009.jpg

2. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

That latch and side plate look like the work of Colt, the grips look like S&W. I'd guess it was made in the early 1900's, probably pre WWII. I don't know what it is off the top of my head. Somebody here will recognize it I'm sure.

3. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Isidro Gaztanaga of Eibar Spain Trademark. Early 20th century copy "in the style of" a Colt double action.
    Quality can run from potential hand grenade to OK shootable. Darned little collector interest or value.

Caliber----It doesn't say ANYTHING on the barrel? Take it to a good gunsmith and he can figure
    it out. Wouldn't surprise me if it was either 32-20 or 38 special.

4. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

It looks like a Colt Police Positive. IIRC they were chambered in .38 S&W, .32 Long and .38 Special.

5. wolfwistle

wolfwistle lebanon Member

Billm I think your right about the 32-20 but I can't find anything on Isidro Gaztanaga of Eibar Spain , anyone have any links or other advice?

6. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Try a search for Gaztanaga or Gaztanaga Eibar. They changed names a couple of times, but were in the arms business from around the
    turn of the century until the 30's at least. One of the MANY Spanish makers of "RUBY" pistols.