JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Take a look at these photos. I am not into semi-auto rifles so I don't know what I am looking at in the photos. Can anyone give me info on distinguishing between a so-called "assault weapon of war" and the real item?

upload_2015-12-15_23-59-5.jpeg

upload_2015-12-15_23-59-27.jpeg

If this photo is incorrect it is compounding the lie in the "assault rifle" theme of the antis and CNN needs to be swamped with complaints. One problem is that I can't find a way to get messages to anyone at CNN.

No EBRs for me except maybe as a symbol of protest. My M1 Garands and their history is the limit of my actual interest.

But then I will fight for personal freedom in being able to own EBRs. I rather expect my favorites to be demonized as well--military style "sniper rifle" and "stealth" handgun (revolver leaves no evidence).

If this photo is incorrect it is compounding the lie in the "assault rifle" theme of the antis and CNN needs to be swamped with complaints. One problem is that I can't find a way to get messages to anyone at CNN.
Yeah,well they don't need your input
No sense in letting facts get in the way of a sensationalized anti gun article

Note the position of the selector in the top photo, that tells you the weapon is a select-fire M4.

Note the three pins on the AK, that along with the curved mag and stamped receiver tells you it is a select-fire AKM. A semi-auto would have two pins.

Yeah I agree, the top picture is a select fire weapon, I will defer to Tits on the AK, the third, bottom right appears to be a semi-automatic AR type. No hole for the auto sear that I can see. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be though.

I couldn't tell for sure on the bottom AR which why I didn't mention it. I am still a little confused as to what this thread is about.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say, I am guessing the subtle difference's between what CNN calls an a salt rifle, and what IS an A Salt rifle may or may not be real. Outwardly, a real M4, does look very similar to what an advanced sporting rifle may look like, but I don't know..... I'm guessing...since he seems to be forthcoming on "he doesn't know about semi-automatic" is....

The point of the posting is whether CNN is being deceptive. Saying that this is an American semi auto that is now in the ISIS inventory props up the propaganda that ARs actually are "weapons of war" and don't belong in civilian hands.

I can see an artifact in the top pic of the AR that looks like a pin for the auto disconnector. What I would like to see is the roll stamp on the lower. The AK looks like the typical Afstan tribal gun w/ painted decorations ;)

My problem with the "Weapon of War" name tag on certain firearms is , that if you look hard enough I'm sure that you could find any firearm that was used at one time or another as a so called weapon of war.
Its a good thing no one has looked at those old pictures of Pancho Villa and his Boys with their Winchester 94's ...

Even my collection, which is made up mostly of original muzzleloaders , would be doomed since some of mine could have been used from the late Rev. War period onwards.
Andy

all military BA rifles are "weapons of war" as are C47s. Even penicillin was deamed a weapon of war and it did materially help win WW2 and probably help "win" the Korean War

all military BA rifles are "weapons of war" I too have heard this from anti-gun people erudne. ( not saying that you are )
And that is one part of my problem of the "Weapon of War" name tag.
A model 98 Mauser or 03 Springfield , that was "sporterized" in the 1950's , could still be a "weapon of war" , as most of them still say Mod.98 or Springfield 03 on the receiver.
The same could be said for the firearms that were altered to pass the list of guns on the Clinton crime Bill.
When does a rifle stop being a "weapon of war" ? I have a guess that most anti-gun people would say "never".
A list of "weapons of war" would be endless.
My series 70 Government , with only a fancy barrel lock up and nicer finish is really no different than an issue 1911A1.
A Colt Single Action Army , even has Army in its name ...
Any semi- automatic military look-alike rifle.
All the old surplus military guns.
I could go on , but once a label is spun out it can be applied to almost any gun.

Once one type of gun is made illegal then it is easier to make all the others illegal .
Andy

Last Edited:
They're still having difficulties banning semi-automatics atm, too bad automatics are already banned.

Though I'm sure they don't know that, some I know still think anyone can get a brand new automatic from the local gun shop despite me pointing out the facts.

Course, facts are offensive. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads