JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend asked me to help her figure out what her sks is and what it is worth. I know nearly nothing about them so I am posting the pictures on here.

So, what exactly is this and how much could she expect to get if she sells it?

Thanks.

An original SKS-D or a bubba...? If an original, maybe more like $300 because of the missing bayo and aftermarket top cover. If its a conversion, low $200s at best. The cover plate in front of the mag well leads me to think it is a garage conversion, but I believe some came from the factory like this.

Keith

An original SKS-D or a bubba...?
This is not D. This is not a Ak47 mag, and the stock is wrong. This is a field (?) grade Type 56, possibly an early '60, bubbafied with a 20rd SKS detachable mag, NcStar muzzle break and a top cover missing its picatini rail.

Exact dating is hard because some pics are not very good and are not covering many important details. Check yooperj.com for a more in depth analysis.

My take:

Chicom SKS: $300
-$50 for missing bayonet
-$50 for missing top cover (aftermarket top cover is useless)
-$50 for aftermarket duckbill bag
-$25 for stock repair
-$25 for goofy compensator.
-$25 for rust (possibly going to -$100 if, as it appears, someone shot corrosive thru the rifle w/o cleaning it)

Basically, I'd say it's worth $75 or so to $0 depending on the internal condition. It ain't like SKSs w/o all these issues are exactly rare or something.

I suspect the seller will get more out of it by parting it out and selling 'SKS trigger group', 'SKS complete bolt', 'SKS gas piston', and so on.

H

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top