JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is out of my league but I am wanting to find the value of a German C96 chambered in 7.63x25. It appears to be in rough condition and only one pic, so there's that.;)
Any help is extremely appreciated.

54DCBF7D-757C-401A-988E-63C47FEFA094.jpeg

Last Edited:
To narrow it down, we'd need pictures, condition, marking info, if it has as stock and if said is original to the gun, provenance, etc. There were a ton of C/96 pattern pistols made in the 20th century and values range from relatively modest to astronomical, depending on what you have.

I'm sure we can help with the research. If additional print resource recommendations would help, I can compile said upon returning home. Best wishes. :)

Last Edited:
To narrow it down, we'd need pictures, condition, marking info, if it has as stock and if said is original to the gun, provenance, etc. There were a ton of C/96 pattern pistols made in the 20th century and values range from relatively modest to astronomical, depending on what you have.

I'm sure we can help with the research. If additional print resource recommendations would help, I can compile said upon returning home. Best wishes. :)
OP updated.

Thanks for update. That appears to be in pretty rough shape. I am assuming no matching stock. Have you confirmed it is in shooting condition? Even pretty beat up shooters still go for some bills.

I forgot to mention earlier, if you can make out the serial number, there is a look up tool here. Cheers. :)

I've had several C-96's. Both were "Bring Back" with no import stamps. Another that I bought from an importer (long defunct) that was selling pistols purchased in China I had to send back. When I removed the grips the frame looked worse than Swiss cheese. Take the grips off and take a peek. There can be great problems under those grips. The finish looks rough, but it doesn't look like it was dragged down a gravel road. That's a good thing. And it does look like a Bolo Mauser, which is a plus for some folk.

+1 on condition! Condition is everything on the C96, decent parts are tough to come by, and a barrel reline will set you back some cash. Follow the wise advice above, and pull the grips off for a peek. Good luck, they are great firearms, and very unique.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top