JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up a Polytech AK the other day. It has the milled receiver and it's 386 stamped. I have found the cheap Tapco infrasure (I don't need expensive, it's an AK mind you) that claim to fit milled receivers. However, it says that it won't fit "a slant-cut receiver at the rear" and I am pretty sure mine is this. I don't mind springing some cash towards one, but it has to be telescoping AND be able to fold to the side. Can't find one that says ti will fit.

Thank you!

Yeah I saw a pic of one that had a slant cut but just a regular stock and it didn't look to bad. Might fabricate a wedge to stick in there for visuals.

There is an adapter (block) for the slant cut rear but you have to cut your tang and I highly doubt you wanna do that.... I think the block is made my ace. If you are interested.... I can post a link and pic later.

Messing with a Polytech like that is blasphemy. My recommendation is to sell it and pick up some kind of stamped AKM varient and then tacticool that thing.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I had assumed this was a post ban butthole rifle. Is this a pre 89 ban? If so I'd strongly urge you to consider Pogi's comment. Those were top dollar AKs even pre Dec. 17.

Keirh

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I had assumed this was a post ban butthole rifle. Is this a pre 89 ban? If so I'd strongly urge you to consider Pogi's comment. Those were top dollar AKs even pre Dec. 17.

Keirh

I thought it was a fixed stock pre-ban but it could be a post-ban. Pre-ban, leave it alone, Post-ban have fun (I'd probably find a Chu wood stock for it and keep it original Chicom).

Keirh

If it's a "slant cut" receiver, that makes it post ban..........The MACs were the first slant cuts, to keep from installing pistol grip furniture..

It's actually a ban-era AK. Valley Arms CA edition. Called "The HUnter (?). I have fabricated a milled tacticool stock on it just to enjoy shooting it better (I'm short) but I still have all of the original furniture. Here is a pic of it as I currently have it. I have a Stamped KBI Hungarian too.

I am also trying to sell it as my stamped one shoots just fine and is considered one of the best stamped AKs out there based on some flimsy research (SA 85M). I am looking for large caliber rifles and large caliber handguns. Also AR "stuff" to include complete rifles. Thanks gents.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top