Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need Help Finding Stock For Polytech AK-47!

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by EasyRider, Jan 2, 2013.

1. EasyRider

EasyRider SOC New Member

I picked up a Polytech AK the other day. It has the milled receiver and it's 386 stamped. I have found the cheap Tapco infrasure (I don't need expensive, it's an AK mind you) that claim to fit milled receivers. However, it says that it won't fit "a slant-cut receiver at the rear" and I am pretty sure mine is this. I don't mind springing some cash towards one, but it has to be telescoping AND be able to fold to the side. Can't find one that says ti will fit.

Thank you!

2. hoody

hoody Tigard/Beaverton area Active Member

Ironwood Designs. As far as I know, they are the only real option for slant cut wood stocks.

3. EasyRider

EasyRider SOC New Member

Yeah I saw a pic of one that had a slant cut but just a regular stock and it didn't look to bad. Might fabricate a wedge to stick in there for visuals.

4. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

This,

also nice pick up on polytech AK. :thumbup:

5. RRC Firearms

RRC Firearms Gaston, OR Family owned and operated...

You might also try the AK forums selling section or the WTB area, there are a lot of AK stuff in there.

6. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

7. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

There is an adapter (block) for the slant cut rear but you have to cut your tang and I highly doubt you wanna do that.... I think the block is made my ace. If you are interested.... I can post a link and pic later.

8. pogi

pogi Gresham, OR Active Member

Messing with a Polytech like that is blasphemy. My recommendation is to sell it and pick up some kind of stamped AKM varient and then tacticool that thing.

9. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I had assumed this was a post ban butthole rifle. Is this a pre 89 ban? If so I'd strongly urge you to consider Pogi's comment. Those were top dollar AKs even pre Dec. 17.

Keirh

10. pogi

pogi Gresham, OR Active Member

I thought it was a fixed stock pre-ban but it could be a post-ban. Pre-ban, leave it alone, Post-ban have fun (I'd probably find a Chu wood stock for it and keep it original Chicom).

11. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Easy Rider-

Can you post a pic of your rifle? If not can you email a photo of your polytech?

SF-

12. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

If it's a "slant cut" receiver, that makes it post ban..........The MACs were the first slant cuts, to keep from installing pistol grip furniture..

13. EasyRider

EasyRider SOC New Member

It's actually a ban-era AK. Valley Arms CA edition. Called "The HUnter (?). I have fabricated a milled tacticool stock on it just to enjoy shooting it better (I'm short) but I still have all of the original furniture. Here is a pic of it as I currently have it. I have a Stamped KBI Hungarian too. View attachment 52719

14. EasyRider

EasyRider SOC New Member

I am also trying to sell it as my stamped one shoots just fine and is considered one of the best stamped AKs out there based on some flimsy research (SA 85M). I am looking for large caliber rifles and large caliber handguns. Also AR "stuff" to include complete rifles. Thanks gents.