Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need help depriming .556

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Peteralexander78, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Peteralexander78

Peteralexander78 vancouver Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

I only have a couple hundred .556 brass that I need to deprime. I dont have a depriming swage. Anyone have one that I could borrow or come over and use? Or is there another way of getting the crimp out of the primer?

2. filsonhand

filsonhand In the Silicon Forest Smooth as a Rhino 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Its kinda ghetto but a 30┬░countersink bit from home depot will set ya back 6 bucks and will remove crimp if ya wanna save some money.I've used one for a while and it works fine.

Peteralexander78 likes this.
  3. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I've always used a tiny but sharp sheepsfoot blade on an old pocket knife. 2-3 seconds per and done.

4. iusmc2002

iusmc2002 Colville, WA Active Member

Buy the Lee Chamfer/Deburring tool. Works great for 5.56 and 7.62. Costs about $5

5. evltwn

evltwn Gold Hill Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

What will you use when you have reloaded your present brass 4 or 5 times? You will have to acquire more brass, so just suck it up and either buy like an RCBS swager, or use the swaging tool on a Lyman case prep station.

6. Classic

Classic Federal Way WA Well-Known Member

To those who live in my neck of the woods there is a guy Wes Sage (Sages reloading supply) in Renton. I mark (black felt pen) all new brass. After firing it, I tumble to clean and polish and toss them in an ammo can for him. He runs them through his 1050 which takes care of the swaging and then through his girard trimmer. Then all I have to do is reload them until they no longer fit in my Wilson gauge. He charges $40 per thousand
    Once he has done the initial swaging and sizing I'm good for multiple reloads.

spectra likes this.
  7. gunfreak

gunfreak Boise Well-Known Member

8. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member