JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$400, you prefer metal frame to polymer...

used Smith & Wesson 5906, 3906, CZ-75

You can get a NIB Bersa Thunder 9 (in 4" or 3") for about that price - alloy frame, decent DA trigger w/ decock lever, and good ergos.

Polymer guns - Used Glock 17 3rd Gen would be tops on my list, followed by Springfield's XD or a SW M&P, then the SP2022 Sig... the P250's are decent enough guns (I had the .45 for a short time and liked it) - but the 2022 is a better gun IMO.

I'd also consider a used Walther P99 9mm.

What are you looking to do with the gun? I'm assuming you're looking at 9mm pistols only?

The P250 is a pretty good platform, as well as the Sig Pro series. Glocks can be found used in your price range as well.

Uses S&W 59xx series are great guns. For an all steel 9mm, the CZ 75 is an excellent and undervalued gun.

Depends on what you want to do with it. Is it to carry or sit at home and take to the range? Those you mention are vastly different weapons. One is striker fired (I think) and the other hammer fired.

Of the two, I think I would opt for the Sig...which for slightly more than the $400 you mention, is available in what they call their "two-sum"....a full size frame and a sub compact frame. It's a decent handgun that is easily adjusted to fit...

Bersa also has a .45ACP Ultra compact that comes in under $400. That one has had my eye for a while.

I've had great function out of my old man's .380, and I have a .22 on order for the sprout. The two guns have nearly identical construction, we'll see how the smaller one does.

Bersa's don't have the most finely finished exterior, but the ones I've held have been well fit, and after the break in period, very reliable.

Lifetime warranty too, but unlike the Taurus 22, we haven't had to use it on the Bersa yet. Also only follows first purchaser, not the gun itself like Taurus.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top