JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi Guys

I have been carrying a colt mustang 380. I am looking for something with a little more punch but don't want to give up the small size. I would love to hear some suggestions / recommendation on what to look at. I was thinking about a single stack 9mm.
Thank for your help.

Kahr CM 9. 6+1 of 9mm and fits in a pocket holster all day, every day. The long trigger pull needs some practicing and drilling at the range, but that is the case with any gun. :)

Forgot to add that it has been really reliable so far. Over 2,000 rounds with various ammo brands and grains. It has fed everything with no hiccups.

The newest serial number P938 you can get your hands on is the ideal solution if you are used to Mustang MOA. I have taken quite a liking to mine, and 6+1 or 7+1 124 +P 9mm Gold Dots should fit the bill. It is a very comfortable gun to shoot as well, any non +P ammo is great, very pleasant for a 16 ounce pistol.

+1 for the Springfield XD-S in .45 ACP. The default magazine is 5+1, and you can buy an extended magazine giving you 7+1. The XD-S is around/available if you make a few inquiries...

There are rumors of Springfield releasing an XD-S equivalent in 9mm and .40, but no confirmation by Springfield.

Peter

S&W 3913 if you can find one. One of my favorites.
I actually just retired my 3913 from carry detail in favor of the much smaller P938. I am currently talking with Smith about having a 5906 spurred hammer installed since it won't be needing to be tucked away. Magnificent little pistol, can't wait to get it a tune up and hammer job so it can be my little range queen!

Another vote for Kahr. If you want light weight - a PM9 or P9. If you want a tad more heft, the MK9 is their smallest metal framed 9mm. Or for something slightly larger, go for the K9. They also make the polymer guns in .40 and 40, and the metal guns in .40 (not sure why we haven't seen the K45 yet).

My wife picked out a TP45 for her first handgun - and it's a slick little gun. We're looking at picking up a pair of their 9mms now as well.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top