JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can ship a long gun to yourself in the US Mail . You cannot have a dealer ship one to you. He can only ship to another dealer even if you say its OK. You can have the dealer ship it to another dealer who will transfer it to you. Those are your legal options.

If driving it myself was an option I would do it. Not worth taking the chance of damage etc... when shipping.
No relationship is worth it if they make you feel that you have to make this kind of inconvenience just to keep the peace.
Its your constitutional right fercryingoutloud.

This is false. Even some postal clerks need to be taught the rules, but anyone can MAIL a long gun to an FFL, whether in-state or out of state. And any FFL can MAIL a long gun to another FFL. It is also the cheapest and safest way to ship a long gun, and insurance and delivery confirmation can be purchased at the same time. UPS and Fedex LOSE guns! The rules are simple: the long gun must be at least partially disassembled with the bolt and detachable magazine separate; no ammunition can be inside the package; the package can have NO writing that says that there is a gun inside; and you must inform the accepting postal clerk of all of these things. You can have the selling FFL mail the gun to an FFL in your hometown. The devil is that both FFL need to do a background check, and the receiving FFL will want a transfer fee.......................elsullo

I am amailman and know that you cannot ship thru the mail except some kind of collector stuff and you have to have all your paperwork approved in advance. I would try UPS. but bottom line , put it in the trunk, your freinds do not have to ride in there!

The sending FFL dealer does not need to do a background check. He is just mailing it to another FFL who will actually transfer the weapon to the buyer. No transfer to an individual will take place util the 4473 is filled out and that happens once. The accepting dealer may charge a fee if that is his policy. Most do. Some don't. The sender will charge to mail it to the receiving dealer and may charge a fee to send it if that is his policy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top