JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After a shell is ejected, the new round gets stuck as it enters the barrel in between the barrel and the bolt. Attached is a pic of the jam, along with the bottom of the bolt.

It seems as though this happens quite a bit, but mostly at the start of a new magazine (I'm assuming because the magazine spring is pushing the round up harder). It's easy to clear, just have to pull the carrier back slightly until the round pops up in front of the bolt.

I'm not sure what's causing this...any suggestions? It's an American made receiver, Sierra Arms.

jam1.jpg
jam2.jpg

In my opinion...it looks and sounds like the follower is hanging up. From my experience it does happen with new mags. Take the mag apart and see if there is a little bur or tab or something on the follower that might be dragging on the inside of the mag. If that is not it...Clean the mag and lube it up! I have also stretched the spring out a little to make a more possitive feed.

thats definitely a magazine issue.. just get some new mags. i hear tapco makes the "best" AK mags, but who knows if i've heard right- i'm not an AK guy.

+1 to the mag...

It looks like its stripping the next round, The feed lips of the mag are not "letting the round go" and the bolt jumps over and jams...

Just get some cheap 30rd steel ones, at least 2 more, and to fix or rule out the mag issues... (then youll have 2 extra mags...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top