JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so I started thinking… valentines day is coming and I'd like to get her a handgun! I have seen some pink handguns and she would love that! Ideas on calibers would be help ful as well she can handle my 40sw just fine!! So hit me with some ideas!

I got mine a pink lady Smith and she loves it! Then a pink LCP for her purse. Loves them both and shoots them both well actually... Or get whatever she likes and duracoat it pink. That's my next plan. Oh by the way she LOVES pink.

i agree with the whole "let her pick one out" thing. years ago i bought my ex wife a (what i thought was) rad little 9mm S&W compact. she gave it a chance, but she never liked it at all.

brought her to a couple shows and shops... she falls in love with a nickle plated 1911 commander. she's 5'1, 100lbs and can handle that 45 with hot loads like no ones business. last i hear, she still carrys it daily, now sporting ivory grips.

my wife now... she's decided if she's going to carry anything its the .357 mag. love that woman...

i agree with the whole "let her pick one out" thing. years ago i bought my ex wife a (what i thought was) rad little 9mm S&W compact. she gave it a chance, but she never liked it at all.

brought her to a couple shows and shops... she falls in love with a nickle plated 1911 commander. she's 5'1, 100lbs and can handle that 45 with hot loads like no ones business. last i hear, she still carrys it daily, now sporting ivory grips.

my wife now... she's decided if she's going to carry anything its the .357 mag. love that woman...

so u must carry a 50cal? i mean from ur story thats what iwould carry in ur situation lol give a girl a 22 so when she is mad it dont hurt as bad as the 357 thats my opinion especially if she isnt "the one"

so u must carry a 50cal? i mean from ur story thats what iwould carry in ur situation lol give a girl a 22 so when she is mad it dont hurt as bad as the 357 thats my opinion especially if she isnt "the one"

oh, i didn't say i wasn't scared :)

on the plus side at least with the 357 it'll end quick, rather than writhing in agony with a couple .22 belly shots

I totally agree with statement above.

Cruise down to the LGS and let her handle them all and pick out the one that SHE likes the best. No matter what you choose it will never be the one that she wanted...:s0131:

My woman has been through 5 carry guns in the past year and a half...

First I got her a Sig Mosquito.
It was fun to shoot but inadequate as a primary for EDC.

So then I got her an HK USP Compact 9.
She shot it very well but didn't like it's look or feel.

I then bought her a Sig P239 because she liked the mosquito so much.
Unfortunately it never got her approval due to the lack of a manual thumb safety.

I figured then that mabye an early Stainless Walther PPK/s would meet all of her criteria.
Dead wrong on my part...

She then made up her mind that my P7M8 would be a perfect fit for her and so I relented.
Luckily me, SHE was wrong this time, and decided that it was just too heavy for her to carry everyday.

Finally I gave up and took her to the store and let her poke and prod and handle all of he handguns and guess what she picked? An S&W M&P40c :huh: She has carried it everyday since.

Moral of the story: Women are fickle creatures and sometimes it's just easier to let them make their own decision.

+1 for letting her pick it out. I was going to pick out a semi auto for my wife, but then I decided that I would see what she wanted. She picked out a .357. I would of never guessed that's what she wanted.

Buy a card and make up a gift certificate "good for one handgun of your choice". Give the card with some flowers/candy then take her shopping. I'm sure you will be a happy man after each step.;)

Yeah seriously just let her pick it out.

If I had bought all the pistols I thought would be perfect for my partner I would've wasted hundreds if not thousands of dollars after finding out that they were "ugly, too light, too heavy, bad trigger, awkward angle, etc".

Save yourself time and money and just let her do it.

M&P's are great guns. Best thing you can do is to maybe help point out the things she should look for; How the gun fits her hand, comfort, how well she can operate the controls as well. My ex had a Sig P230 that while she loved the gun and feel of it- it had a VERY still recoil spring which made racking the slide difficult for her. But also don't fall into the she needs a small gun she's a girl- they can be just as uncomfortable to girls as us. Once my ex got more comfortable shooting her 2 favorites became my Glock 19 and a Springfield 1911 that I had.

Best advice from most is, "let her pick it out." My wife has always shot well but prior to us dating and marrying she'd never owned one of her own. I took her out for her birthday to a local store and let her try out the ones she thought she wanted. She was trained on the 1911 so she wanted something familiar, and she picked the one that she wanted and was most comfortable with.

Of course, fast forward a few years and she has no problem setting hers down while we're at the range to take up one of my FNP's, but she can buy her own if she wants one that badly.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top