JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi gang, long time talk to you all, but I need help. I had a bad fire and damage most of my firearms, between AR's and 1911's and Palomar's guns, Glocks, Springfield's...
So insurance company wants to bring them Into gunsmith to evaluate if repairable or replace. Sad thing my "First gun"(Nicke plated Colt 1911) I ever owned 27 yr...ago.
So any recommendations!??:(:s0161:

20190614_101615.jpg 20190614_155923.jpg

That is one of the saddest things i've seen, and i know the smell is horrific too :(

@Velzey did something like this not too long ago, so i know he has the experience for it.

There are lots of jokes about losing everything in a boating accident, but your experience is horrible and all too real. I'm so sorry!

When you come out the other side some day, I would love to hear some updates on how this whole experience with the insurance company ends up working out. I have a feeling you will one day be a huge help for us to understand the process.

There are lots of jokes about losing everything in a boating accident, but your experience is horrible and all too real. I'm so sorry!

When you come out the other side some day, I would love to hear some updates on how this whole experience with the insurance company ends up working out. I have a feeling you will one day be a huge help for us to understand the process.
Indeed very sad and probably each of us has a nightmare about this happening...

I'd also be interested i hearing how this goes through the insurance process as well as what safe make and model, for future reference for the forum.

Your in good hands with Velzey. Do keep us updated on how things go.

Hi gang, long time talk to you all, but I need help. I had a bad fire and damage most of my firearms, between AR's and 1911's and Palomar's guns, Glocks, Springfield's...
So insurance company wants to bring them Into gunsmith to evaluate if repairable or replace. Sad thing my "First gun"(Nicke plated Colt 1911) I ever owned 27 yr...ago.
So any recommendations!??:(:s0161:

View attachment 594340 View attachment 594341
I'm insurance shopping and interested in how you are treated . personally and financially when the smoke clears so to speak a pm would be very much appreciated. .
I'm sorry for your loss .

Indeed very sad and probably each of us has a nightmare about this happening...

I'd also be interested i hearing how this goes through the insurance process as well as what safe make and model, for future reference for the forum.

Your in good hands with Velzey. Do keep us updated on how things go.
Will gang I've enjoy the folks here!

I'm sorry to see this happen to your guns, but glad it seems by your worries everyone made it out alright. We can always replace stuff, but not those living close to us.

I'm also curious if you had these in a fire resistant safe, how insurance treats you, and if these firearms are salvageable. It's a good thread topic I haven't seen much on.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top