Need Gunsmith to evaluate fire damage to firearms

wabbithunter

Reactions
Hi gang, long time talk to you all, but I need help. I had a bad fire and damage most of my firearms, between AR's and 1911's and Palomar's guns, Glocks, Springfield's...
So insurance company wants to bring them Into gunsmith to evaluate if repairable or replace. Sad thing my "First gun"(Nicke plated Colt 1911) I ever owned 27 yr...ago.
So any recommendations!??:(:s0161:

20190614_101615.jpg 20190614_155923.jpg

Reactions
There are lots of jokes about losing everything in a boating accident, but your experience is horrible and all too real. I'm so sorry!

When you come out the other side some day, I would love to hear some updates on how this whole experience with the insurance company ends up working out. I have a feeling you will one day be a huge help for us to understand the process.

There are lots of jokes about losing everything in a boating accident, but your experience is horrible and all too real. I'm so sorry!

When you come out the other side some day, I would love to hear some updates on how this whole experience with the insurance company ends up working out. I have a feeling you will one day be a huge help for us to understand the process.
Indeed very sad and probably each of us has a nightmare about this happening...

I’d also be interested i hearing how this goes through the insurance process as well as what safe make and model, for future reference for the forum.

Your in good hands with Velzey. Do keep us updated on how things go.

SUPER X

Reactions
Hi gang, long time talk to you all, but I need help. I had a bad fire and damage most of my firearms, between AR's and 1911's and Palomar's guns, Glocks, Springfield's...
So insurance company wants to bring them Into gunsmith to evaluate if repairable or replace. Sad thing my "First gun"(Nicke plated Colt 1911) I ever owned 27 yr...ago.
So any recommendations!??:(:s0161:

View attachment 594340 View attachment 594341
I'm insurance shopping and interested in how you are treated . personally and financially when the smoke clears so to speak a pm would be very much appreciated. .
I'm sorry for your loss .

OP
wabbithunter

wabbithunter

Reactions
Indeed very sad and probably each of us has a nightmare about this happening...

I’d also be interested i hearing how this goes through the insurance process as well as what safe make and model, for future reference for the forum.

Your in good hands with Velzey. Do keep us updated on how things go.
Will gang I've enjoy the folks here!

Flymph

Reactions
I'm sorry to see this happen to your guns, but glad it seems by your worries everyone made it out alright. We can always replace stuff, but not those living close to us.

I'm also curious if you had these in a fire resistant safe, how insurance treats you, and if these firearms are salvageable. It's a good thread topic I haven't seen much on.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom