JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New member-first post:

I have a Howa 1500 in .223. I'd like it threaded and crowned in 1/2"x28 TPI (standard AR threading.)

(This will allow me to attach a third YHM QD suppressor and use my can on it, as well as my 10/22 and AR.)

Looking for a competent 'smith in the Moses Lake WA area. Prefer driving distance, but REALLY don't want to have to remove the Sheperd scope - it was a pain to mount properly the first time, since it required windage-adjustable mounts to get it perfectly above the bore.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Threading the barrel with a scope attached will be a challenge. In this case I would hold the barrel in a 5c collet closer and hang it over the edge of the mill…
I don't know of anyone in that area.

Big Pete does some amazing work. Big Pete's Gunsmithing is between Warden & Moses. Not sure if he advertises, or is still running word of mouth. I've got a couple of his cards around here somewhere...

Big Pete does some amazing work. Big Pete's Gunsmithing is between Warden & Moses. Not sure if he advertises, or is still running word of mouth. I've got a couple of his cards around here somewhere...

Thanks for the recommendation. Called Pete at 509-431-1345, but unfortunately, his lathe is down for awhile. He was, however, most helpful and gave me some valuable advice. Will probably have him do some trigger work for me sometime on the Glock and the Smith 642.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top