JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
m 'old' lymans 47th shows 12-15.2 grains of 2400 powder ,but some other websites show a max of 18-18.5 grain. quite a difference,imho.
My hodgdon's does not show that powder...hardly shows any data at all.

anyone hav a newer lyman's and can tel me if thyve changed their minds on that?
these will be shot in a 14" contender,caliber 357 Rem MAXIMUM. and oldie but a goodie.
thank !
mike

that is what I was afraid of,the cartridge is pretty much dead so not much in the way of data around except 'guesswork' by some folks. think I'll stick with published ,to be safe,and keep looking around for a mfgrs reccomendation,and not internet ideas of what loads are ok.
thanks !

Interesting round. My Hornady 7th edition manual lists the load below for TC only.
2400 17.1gr to 19.3grMAX with an estimated velocity of 1600fps.

WIN296 looks like it yields about 150fps more if your interested.
Good luck
(reloading disclaimer: i have never used this load nor do i have a 357MAX)

Nosler #3 and #6 vary quite a bit. When I had my Ruger SRM I used the #3 manual for my loads. Neither lists 2400, though. If you are interested in the info I have, send me a PM and I'll get it to you.

thanks,sneakboxer ! that at least proves that some heavier loads are out there for the contender.I'll stay just below that for trials.
orygun,pm inbound. thanks !

No worries, if you want me to list the data on other powders and weights just let me know and i'll PM ya.

I'm trying really hard to not start buying odd ball calibers and this is not helping...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top