JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys

so this pertains to the people who live in the covallis/albany/philomath area

I currently live in corvallis for school (go beavs). When i want to go shooting i usually drive up to marys peak with some friends, ive found a few good places to shoot but the weather change from corvallis to marys is just too unpredictable. Im wondering if anyone else knows any other good areas to shoot that are close to the central corvallis area. I was thinking maybe some where south of southtown along the road to eugene or maybe somewhere near philomath just not as far as marys? Anyways if anyone knows any good spots please let me know, obviously im not tryin to steal your "secret" spot im just looking for a nice wide open quiet place to shoot. If anyone is interested in making a shooting day out of it let me know, my schedule is pretty open and your welcome to shoot any of my guns as long as you buy your own ammo.

Also im fairly interested in checking out the ARPC so if anyone has a memebership, is planning a shoot, and wants some company that could be fun too

just fyi im very safety conscious and have been around guns most of my life, i dont like to goof around, just have some fun exercising my gun rights : )

My first suggestion would be ARPC it rocks! And last time I went shooting in the woods I was 20 ft past a sign I did not see and it cost me nearly 500 in treaspass with a firearm fines. So now I Just say NO to the woods(and the spot we were at was obviously a very popular shooting spot)

PM me or send me an e-mail and maybe we can hook up at ARPC it would be my pleasure to show you around!

Steven

hey physicsguy.....

yea im pretty sure ive asked this question before and gotten pretty much the same answer, just figured id ask again to make sure

have you been going up at all, maybe give me a shout the next time you go up and ill do the same, im always looking for more guys to go along

i tried to go up on sunday because it was such nice weather in corvallis, but when i got to philomath it was raining, and by the time i got halfway up to my spot on marys it was freezing rain with snow on the ground..... i was pissed

o well, let me know if you might be down to go sometime.... pm or whatever

Alright I will let you know when I go next time. I went up on thursday and the weather was perfect.

I usually go to a spot off of the NFD 30 rd (the road that goes from the peak to harlan.)

I have been looking around this area for a few years, and have found no spots safer than the spots in mary's peak area.

sounds good

i used to go to a place that was way up on the mountain, you would take a left a the first fork (i believe where the highway splits off) then follow the road to another fork and take another left, then just keep going til you hit the open shooting area (it was way up there!)

however, snows in the winter kept my truck from going up that high, so i found a fairly hidden road thats about halfway up the mountain before the first fork (where the highway splits)(its in between the two large turnouts on the left side of the road) its on the left side of the road as you go up and initially just looks like a 4x4 trail. It quickly turns in to a small clearing that is great for pistol and .22 fire...

stop by the Philomath Gun Shop and ask the guys behind the counter about local places to shoot, they could probably steer you in the right direction. Joining the ARPC would be your best bet, in my opinion. I shot a couple IPSC matches there and thought it was a nice place.

You know one that says maybe

"Don't ASK BILL"

Across the front?

Or maybe
"ASK BILL" but with a red circle around it and a slash through it

A buddie of mine comes out of that shop shaking his head everytime Bill speaks makes me laugh Good times!

Steven

lol, yeah I'm sure Bill would love to see that shirt, I'd definitely wear it in there.

Yeah he's a funny guy, but he likes giving people a hard time, so I'm sure to do the favor right back.

You are always welcome to come out to Sweet Home I will show you were to shoot
Hey guys

so this pertains to the people who live in the covallis/albany/philomath area

I currently live in corvallis for school (go beavs). When i want to go shooting i usually drive up to marys peak with some friends, ive found a few good places to shoot but the weather change from corvallis to marys is just too unpredictable. Im wondering if anyone else knows any other good areas to shoot that are close to the central corvallis area. I was thinking maybe some where south of southtown along the road to eugene or maybe somewhere near philomath just not as far as marys? Anyways if anyone knows any good spots please let me know, obviously im not tryin to steal your "secret" spot im just looking for a nice wide open quiet place to shoot. If anyone is interested in making a shooting day out of it let me know, my schedule is pretty open and your welcome to shoot any of my guns as long as you buy your own ammo.

Also im fairly interested in checking out the ARPC so if anyone has a memebership, is planning a shoot, and wants some company that could be fun too

just fyi im very safety conscious and have been around guns most of my life, i dont like to goof around, just have some fun exercising my gun rights : )

When I lived in corvallis, I always went up around the marrys peak area. If you head south your either going to have to go a bit of distance, or end up heading west anyways. If you cruse around a bit you can find logging roads, or believe it or not find a cop who patrols up there and ask them. A budy and I had a cop roll up on us once and he told us about a few good gravel roads, just asked that we clean up our brass. =)

Can anyone give me some directions to a place I can take my brother-in-law?
He wants to go shooting for his birthday and I don't know Corvallis shooting areas at all.
I suppose we could just drive around up there towards Mary's Peak but that could take all day to find a spot.

Cheers

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads