JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im looking for recommendations for a holster for my Glock 27. My regular carry is a compact Glock in a Kramer IWB, but Im looking for something that I can grab quick when I dont want to thread the larger pistol and holster on my belt. Like if I hear a ruckus outside or theres a knock at the door at an odd hour. SO far I've been placing the G27 in my pocket without a round chambered but I want to change this. At this point, Im thinking a pocket holster, or an IWB with a metal clip, like the kind Don Hume makes. Any recommendations?

You read my mind. As I type this, my Glock 27 is in a Don Hume leather IWB holster... yes, the type with the metal clip. I've used this holster nearly everyday for the last few years. Its simple, secure, and easy. I strongly recommend :) In my opinion, best holster I own.

I have a Kydex holster form PJ Holster. In the waistband one piece Kydex with the open clip option. Slides in the pants and clips around the belt. On or off takes a few seconds.
Mike

Funny story with my last holster and the metal clips. Went to the courthouse and "beeped" passing through the metal detector. The Sheriff wands me and of coarse something on the right side of me is beeping the wand. I pull up my shirt showing an empty holster. He doesn't say a word but re-runs my Wife's purse through the x-ray machine.

WIth the clip on style IWBs, you guys ever draw the gun and have the holster come too?

Never happen. Your pants and the belt that holds your pants up prevent this + the metal clip is pretty tight and strong.

On the holster, I prefer the Bianchi model 100 Professional. They do make one for the little Glocks.
Not to bash the Don Hume but the way it is cut positions the weapon quite deep and does not allow for a full grip on the weapon when drawing, and the leather lining is very rough and appears unfinished, almost resembles sandpaper. The Bianchi is better in both respects.

I am by no means an expert and have only used mine for one IDPA match but it did not move at all. With your holster, mag pouch and handgun head on over to the Medford Rifle and Pistol Club on Thursday nights 5:30 to 7:30. That is the night for Practical Pistol Training. You'll find out first hand if your equipment works or why it does not. Membership is $50 a year but guests are always welcome for the first two visits. Let me know if you want to and I'll even let you try my holster out.
Mike

One of the fastest holster to place on your body is going to be a Remora Holster.
These holsters have no belt loops or clips or paddles.
The holster material just holds the holster where you place or position the holster. You can even be wearing gym shorts or PJ's with a string tie and the holster will not move. The Remora holster will not move from wherever you place it regardless of the size of the handgun, well, almost every gun anyway.
Heck, these holsters are only $24.95. :s0155:

remoraholsters.com

John

I have been using Uncle Mikes kydex paddle holsters for years with several of my guns and like them.

The reason I like them is the sit a little bit further from you body then say a Fobus which makes it much easier to get ahold of you grip. Downside to this is that it is a bit harder to conceal but your average winter jacket here is no problem. It is also adjustable for hight and cant. Other nice thing they are about $25.

I probably carry in these 50% of the time or more and my oldest one is over 5 years now and still going strong.

Here is a G34,

DSC04818.jpg

Here is my M&Pc,

DSC_0015-2.jpg

I have been considering a paddle holster too. Right now Im still leaning more towards a pocket holster though. I may pick up a Nemesis and give it a try. I had one for a J frame a few years ago and liked it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top