JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a gentleman who states he is an Oregon resident but is staying at his mom's house in wash.we want to do a firearm trade. If he has an Oregon id and I meet him there is it legal or would he have to return here first , how would that work?

Thanks in advance

Sorry, let me rephrase:

It is highly recommended asking for both an in-state driver's licence and in-state CHL. Both people need to be in and from the same state as they are residents. I believe is a Federal statute, as it is part of the interstate clause. If you aren't physically in your resident state I believe you would be in violation of that.

Now, is there a possible loophole of where you if both are residents and have ID of the same state, yet physically are standing in another state you are 'legal'? Maybe. Is it worth it? No.

Especially in a state which just passed some fairly horrible 'universal background check' crap?

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Sorry, Morpheus, but who "highly recommends" needing a CHL to purchase a firearm?

Anybody who wants to be sure they aren't buying from or selling to a felon! The seller has a right to set what ever restrictions on a buyer they want, the buyer has the right not to buy. Simply a way to be sure the transaction is legal without going through an FFL.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
WAC Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Really? Is common sense that hard to come buy?
Try to convince yourself, and possibly others. Than playing Russian roulette with a a felony is a viable option.
All on a public forum that facilitates the sale of guns.

Are you a COP? Are you fishing?

Okay I didn't want to mess with the state line thing, to many unknowns he is willing to come here, and do a ftf , to clear things up I would be trading a non-firearm item for two firearms his dad gave him he claims to know nothing about guns and would never use them, but because he doesn't know where his dad got them does not want to do a bill of sale which is still legal in Oregon but how would I know if the guns are stolen he is willing to give me the serials is there somewhere I could check , call the sheriff office what do yall think ? He just seems like a younger kid who doesn't know anything about these kinds of things... but who knows...:rolleyes:

how the F*ck is that breaking the law OR to OR in wa who gives a rap WA TO WA in OR your not breaking the law better brush up on your stuff
Who gives a rap? Depends...
If you are trader O and trader W is an ATF stinger,
you are in deep trouble because you are in W transferring a firearm.
Why can't trader W meet in Oregon, at the Home Depot parking lot off I205?

You don't know if trader W is a prohibited person.
For example, Felons have driver's licenses (why some folks want to see a CC)
A prosecutor may claim you knew, a jury may not believe you, convict you.
Consider "Fast n Furious" the feds gave guns to bad guys through FFL good guys, then prosecuted FFL good guys they used for FnF, then lied.

https://www.atf.gov/content/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unlicensed-persons#state-residency:D
Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?
A person may only acquire a firearm within the person's own State
Q: What constitutes residency in a State?
"The State of residence is the State in which an individual is present"

"Please note that if a private person wants to obtain a firearm from a private person who resides in another State, the firearm will have to be shipped to an FFL in the buyer's State.
The FFL will be responsible for record keeping."

Factoid: trader W resides in WA
Factoid: trader O resides in OR
Factoid: Federal law enforcement are known to lie cheat steal to convict.
Factoid: You can do as you want.

Factoid: I'm a former FFL licensee who has read all the laws and doesn't want myself or anyone else to go to prison.

There is no gun or amount of $ that is worth risking going to jail. If something does not feel right or you have questions if it is right or not, walk away.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top