JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Friends,
I have a Clackamas Kimber 1911 with a serial number in the 2,000 range. The fit, finish and accuracy is second to none!
However, I'm curious to find out more history about the early Kimber Clackamas 1911's.
Years ago, one of my firearm instructors said he did the final test firing of their 1911's. If it didn't group one big hole, he'd send it back for fine tuning before they sold it. He seemed to be not so impressed with the New York versions.
Because this company was in our backyard, some of you must know the "facts".
1. I was wondering how many were marked Clackamas before the change to New York?
2. Were they ever made in Clackamas or just assembled and test fired there?
3. Why did they move?
Thanks for reading this and helping out my curious mind! :)

Hey Friends,
I have a Clackamas Kimber 1911 with a serial number in the 2,000 range. The fit, finish and accuracy is second to none!
However, I'm curious to find out more history about the early Kimber Clackamas 1911's.
Years ago, one of my firearm instructors said he did the final test firing of their 1911's. If it didn't group one big hole, he'd send it back for fine tuning before they sold it. He seemed to be not so impressed with the New York versions.
Because this company was in our backyard, some of you must know the "facts".
1. I was wondering how many were marked Clackamas before the change to New York?
2. Were they ever made in Clackamas or just assembled and test fired there?
3. Why did they move?
Thanks for reading this and helping out my curious mind! :)

1. I've heard around 7-7500. I have a pic of K069xx and its a Clack.
2. Nope, well never for production.
3. Part of one of the many changes in ownership, See here - Kimber Manufacturing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top