JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have my appt with Washington County next week and I am concerned they will not accept my Defensive Training Handgun Certificate from Colorado that is almost 3 years old. I have also been informed the new Sheriff does not honor on-line training certs.

Any suggestions where I could get a classroom training before next Wednesday?

Thank you

I would love to do an online, however I was told the new Sheriff will not accept online training. I will call the Washington county office to verify.

MilitantBeemer....the Washington County Sheriff will accept online training. They have no choice. I run OregonCHLTraining.com and haven't had any problems with them accepting my certificates. If you'd like, I can call them for you and verify!

MilitantBeemer....the Washington County Sheriff will accept online training. They have no choice. I run OregonCHLTraining.com and haven't had any problems with them accepting my certificates. If you'd like, I can call them for you and verify!

Just got off the phone with them and yes you are correct they spoke highly of your online course. I need to check my training certificate I received a couple of years ago. As long as it has the instructors NRA # on it it will suffice. If not I will take your course. Thank you!

Excellent! I'm glad to hear it.
I have really tried to reach out to the Sheriff's in Oregon and have offered them a chance to review the site.
Best of luck getting your CHL!

The Clackamas Sheriff's office had no problem with the MD online (Free) cert. In fact the very nice lady commented that it was the one most people used, and that by looking at us (LOL) she could just tell we knew more than any course could teach us anyway. Where that came from I have no idea.

The Maryland cert might be free, but most of the time, the video doesn't run correctly. Also, the class covers absolutely NOTHING about Oregon's laws or Use of Force.
This is why the Sheriff is recommending OregonCHLTraining.com. We go far beyond the required safety training and give the student the very best possible online training.
It's not difficult and it's very easy to get through the training material. No video to sit through!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top